FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sports Bra - Why, How, When and Who?

What colour and brand of bra are you wearing today?
Black
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
White
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Skin Color
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Red
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

asim
Quote:
Sports bra Very Happy
Sports bra is a bra that provides firm support for the breasts. It is intended for wear during vigorous exercise that might cause the breasts to move uncomfortably, preventing discomfort and embarrassment during exercise. Sports bras are sturdier than regular bras and offer greater support for the chest, thus increasing comfort and reducing the chance of damage to the ligaments of the chest during high-impact exercises, such as jogging.

Design Shocked
A sports bra is basically a tank top with the bottom half cut off. The first sports bra dates from 1977. Hinda Miller and Lisa Landahl cut up a pair of jockstraps and sewed them together into a bra; it was marketed as the Jogbra.[1] Other designs use gel and water pads, silver fibres, and air bags. A stitchless bra was made by Wacoal, molded, compressed, and shaped. Other bras are knitted in circular patterns, giving varying stretch and support.[2] A common basis is a stretchable, absorbent fabric such as Lycra, and may be designed to draw perspiration away from the skin to reduce irritation. Sports bras can be classified into either encapsulation brassieres (with molded cups), or compression brassieres that restrict movement by flattening the breasts. Encapsulation is generally better for reducing discomfort; some women prefer compression designs for modesty.

A number of women, particularly those with large breasts, find sports bras helpful for easing pain and discomfort or if embarrassment prevents them from participating. Some sports bras are meant to be worn as outerwear, such as for jogging. Most bra research has concentrated on sports bras, where discomfort is directly related to the degree of nipple movement. While sports bras are more effective in this regard than standard bras, they also vary considerably in their effectiveness.

Exercise discomfort Crying or Very sad
About 50 percent of women report some pain or discomfort in their breasts during exercise. This varies considerably in intensity and may depend on what they are wearing. In an Australian study 3 women (17-21, cup sizes B and C) were photographed exercising bare breasted, with two models of a bra, and with a particular sports bra. As expected, breast motion was reduced by bras, and the sports bra was the most effective. The women reported less discomfort with bras and especially with the sports bra. However not all sports bras are created equally and should be properly fitted. [3] A 2007 study found that breasts move in three planes of motion during exercise. This study concluded that encapsulation bras are more effective than compression bras at reducing total breast motion during exercise because encapsulation bras reduce motion in two of the three planes, while compression bras reduce motion in only one plane[4]

Although some women athletes are concerned that a sports bra may interfere with breathing, and increased pressure on the rib cage has been demonstrated, no significant effect on breathing can be shown.

"All girls replying should mention thier bust sizes"
PennyLane
I wear them when I go to the gym... Or when I work, cause it adsorbs the sweat, and it's comfortable. Only have black ones Smile And my breast size, well, I'm a D girl
killerqueen
I wear them white Shocked because my school t-shirt is white and pretty transparent so... Wink. Anyways, when I do sports I always use them because they're really comfortable. I'm a big C, I guess Rolling Eyes.
malindi731
i Hate sports bras.

no offense. Embarassed
asim
malindi731 wrote:
i Hate sports bras.

no offense. Embarassed

You'll regret hating them... once you have Big one... and are not tight
raine dragon
I actually don't find them very comfortable to be honest. I'm between a C/D, and I find that the pressure tends to be very uncomfortable. I prefer a well-fitting demi bra with good support for exercise.
yunting
i adore them. just wearing them for running is fine for me. i'm an A maybe that's why
ainieas
Quote:

All girls replying should mention thier bust sizes.

Doesn't anyone find this topic a bit perverted??
asim
ainieas wrote:
Quote:

and why think so, r u afraid of disclosing ur bust size. or don t ike flaunting it.
Maggie
Hey Girls,
I'm a 27yo Mother of 4 that breastfeed all babes, Im a 12DD and yeah I wear sports bra's the ones with thick straps, under wire and cross over at the back in addition I also wear sport singlet with shelf bra for extra support.
iyepes
ainieas wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I do, you can ask about sport bra without the other data. Or maybe he is collecting some statistics, one never knows, market research. Ha, ha, ha.

I don't use sport bra. I haven't found them comfortable enough for me, or maybe I don't exercise enough to need an special one. Razz