FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

www.co.cc

firumon
This website provide us free domain registration of .co.cc...... I think its very nice... There we have options to redirect by hiding url.. So every time it shows the main address.. But for some .co.cc accounts they ask for 53$ for one year registration... For a free .co.cc account customer can create upto two own domain for free...
If we set domain name server then it forward to there.. A very nice domain registration for beginners...
DjMilez
Didn't it use to be 3 free domains?

Anyway I use co.cc often =/
alvinhaur
why need to pay, isnt is free?
SHARPBALL
i USE IT FOR A WHILE NOW EN ITS TOTALY FREE

Setup is easy
go for it.
dude_xyx
Its more like a subdomain than a Top level Domain. But its a cool extension, Free and don't have ads like .tk . Also They have a nice referal programm.
honeyflash
Yep, I have one domain registered there and I have nothing to complain, really. It's quite nice, and a pretty extension, too. Smile
dude_xyx
They let you register 2 domain names free but the most of premium one word names are not free. You have to pay for them are not worth I think. But still those free domains are great for beginners to learn.
the-guide
Not bad for free domain name it work like TLD with fully DNS service, you can register 3 domain names for free. However, if you make some donation you can register up to 100 more domain names.
zyd666
it's very nice service : P
free domain with DNS
cool Cool
dude_xyx
the-guide wrote:
Not bad for free domain name it work like TLD with fully DNS service, you can register 3 domain names for free. However, if you make some donation you can register up to 100 more domain names.

Do they let you register three domain names ? I thought They let you register only 2 domain names ..
kirii
dude_xyx wrote:
the-guide wrote:

Do they let you register three domain names ? I thought They let you register only 2 domain names ..

No it only allows 2 domain,I am having this problem too.
To register more I need to have more acount Confused
RosenCruz
just register with another mail address if you need more domains Laughing
joomla
i use it for many funstyle site.. little gamepages and stuff.
co.cc has nice service i reckon and it accepts the dots in a google mail as another address.
so m.ail@gmail.com and ma.il@gmail.com are for gmail the same, but not for cocc.
hope that helps
africa
I found they are very reliable and probably the coolest around right now!
FunDa
They are now down to 1 free domain from the initial 3

Will they go on to 0 ?
That is, will they go off suddenly leaving you without a website ??? Wink

What is your opinion about it ?
vaeye
firumon wrote:
This website provide us free domain registration of .co.cc...... I think its very nice... There we have options to redirect by hiding url.. So every time it shows the main address.. But for some .co.cc accounts they ask for 53$ for one year registration... For a free .co.cc account customer can create upto two own domain for free...
If we set domain name server then it forward to there.. A very nice domain registration for beginners...

i haved set up an account bu i don't konw how to use it
can you help me ?
FunDa
i haved set up an account bu i don't konw how to use it
can you help me ?[/quote]

They just give you the address. Do you have a blog (say at blogspot.com or wordpress.com) or a website ?

Or a hosting account (say at frihost) ?

Once you have a blog ready (like http://johndasfundas.blogspot.com ) just log in to your account and put the CNAME to your blogspot address. You can change more settings at http://blogger.com to integrate the own domain feature but that's after you set it up { co.cc has to be set up within 48 hours so do it quick }
shybovycha
As I understood, co.cc doesn't provides hosting. It just makes your site to blick or unblock some features, like IP or hostname or something else... My point of view is - co.cc is not a good choice.
shybovycha
As I understood, co.cc doesn't provides hosting. It just makes your site to blick or unblock some features, like IP or hostname or something else... My point of view is - co.cc is not a good choice.
FunDa
shybovycha wrote:

You can only compare it to .co.nr and .co.tk both of which provide only the domain name but with ads.

Maybe we should categorize these free domain or webspace providers
b4r4t
well ... such subdomains maybe are nice but ... they are not Yours ... and this is BIG minus ...

I prefeer to have m,y own domains ... few bucks per year isn't such a big casch ... especialy when Your website is earning cash Smile
surdy
SHARPBALL wrote:
i USE IT FOR A WHILE NOW EN ITS TOTALY FREE

Setup is easy
go for it.

Well ..its free ..but does it put up ads on your site ??
agulto
you actually have to donate if you want to have more than 2 domains registered with them but overall co.cc is a great service gives you full control over the domain all you need to do is find a DNS server to get the domain working properly and the interface is pretty simple which gives people ease of set-up and configuration. overall I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 points Smile
sajeebr
Yes co.cc is good domain seller. but it is not completely free. It asks for some quality domain names. It is asking as less as $1 to as much as $1000 dollar. Only nonsense or meaning less domains are free.

You really have to think for a good, meaningful and free domain. but I salute for the free DNS service provided by it. If you are not lazy then you can find a good domain name for you.
Tuvitor
Meh, I'd rather just plonk down the $10 a year for a proper .com/.net/.org domain. There's almost always some rub to "free" domains, whether it be ads or inserted code into your pages.
FunDa
I agree with you there. We don't want them suddenly saying that all our domain names are theirs if we don't pay.

Better safe with your domain name than be sorry later.

Very Happy
beka_iran
firumon wrote:
dude_xyx
They got penalized by Google white ago. I wonder if Google has lift the ban. I stopped using them years ago when that happened.
RosenCruz
These kind of services attract abusers and get penalized by Google adventually