FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

help|

GilaDesign
how do i know my IP?
im serious, how do i?
Horizon
Well first thing's first: don't let your IP (Internet Protocol) address get into the wrong hands.

If you use SSI (Server Side Includes), you can view your IP using a certain code:

Code:
<!--#ECHO VAR="REMOTE_ADDR" -->

Whoever views the page that includes that code will see only THEIR OWN IP address. However, the page it is on must end with .shtml

But if you don't want to go through that, you can simply go here for an alternative:
http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/userban/

It will show you your IP at the right of the page.
AftershockVibe
Your internet IP or your LAN IP?

I'm going to assume you're using Windows...
LAN IP is easy:
- Click Start > Run
- type "cmd" [Enter]
- type "ipconfig" [Enter]

There are lots of ways to find out your internet IP, the easiest is probably to type "what is my ip" into google though and click "I'm feeling lucky". The first ranked site will print your IP the webpage it displays.

There are much more elegant ways to find that out, but that's probably the easiest. If you want to know why the two IPs are not the same then look have a look at Network Address Translation (NAT) on Wikipedia.
psycosquirrel
Aftershock said it perfectly. Let me clarify something though...

Going to start > run > cmd > ipconfig will show you the IP address the computer has on your LAN, or local area network. This is the ip address that computers inside your network use to communicate. It will probably be something like 192.168.1.xxx.

The other ip, the one you get from www.whatismyip.com is your external IP. It is the IP address that anything that is sent over the internet sees. For example, when you send a post here on Frihost's forum, your computer sends a message from 192.168.1.xxx to your router, which relays the message to your modem. The modem then sends a message from the www.whatismyip.com address to frihost.net. Frihost replies back with the "post created" page, and the process is reversed.

Does that make a little more sense?
aningbo
click the 2-computers icon near the clock and click the 'support' tap. u will get everything there else

go to run and type "cmd". there u have to type "ipconfig" and u will get wat u r looking for. good luck
Pande
Did you try google? I don't understand why your asking this, typing 'what is my ip address' into google yields an entire half a billion results. And the first page is COMPLETELY full of links to sites that tell you your ip. Even google tells you, at the top of the links.
jdelfire
Again someone reviving an old post...
sysna
search on google "What is my ip" you will see many sites which can tell you what your IP is.