FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HEROES

SHARPBALL
hey hey

Sesson 3 is goinig to start in september. One off the best shows on tv wil go on.
I'm exited to watch "Villains premieres Monday 9.22.08"

any fans here

if you don't know it yet here are some info

Main wpage http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/
Genesiz
Heroes season 3 is going to be amazing. I watched 3 or 4 trailers for it on the main NBC page, and they are all just Shocked

Its going to be such a change after the slightly disappointing season 2. Heroes going back to what it does best. Making great television. And the opening episode is going to be a three hour special going over previous seasons. Who is not excited to watch that.

Three hours of Heroes.
A dream come true.
malcolmpreen
Really looking forward to it... best news is that BBC (UK) are going to be showing is "almost" as the show airs in the US for this series....

Here's hoping it continues to be a great show.

Malcolm
Fatality
I have watched every episode. I was a little hesitant to watch it at first because it sounded cheesy, but then I saw one of the episodes and I had to watch all of them. I'm really disappointed with how shot the second season was because the of writers strike. I can't wait for season 3 to begin. Another show I'm really looking forward to is Life, also cut shot because of the strike. Oh and don't forget Prison Break. I better stop myself there before I completely change the topic, my point being that there is a lot of good television to look for this season.
filesharing
in my opinion season 2. was much more exciting than season1, more action scenes, the story moved on faster, not so much unnecessary information during the episodes. Heroes is getting cooler with every new season i hope Very Happy
snowboardalliance
Genesiz wrote:
Heroes season 3 is going to be amazing. I watched 3 or 4 trailers for it on the main NBC page, and they are all just Shocked

Its going to be such a change after the slightly disappointing season 2. Heroes going back to what it does best. Making great television. And the opening episode is going to be a three hour special going over previous seasons. Who is not excited to watch that.

Three hours of Heroes.
A dream come true.

That's exciting, especially because I can't remember how the first 2 seasons went so I definately need a review.
gugusm
That's even funnier, because I watched only the last epsiode of the first season Wink
absolution
been waiting on this series to start before i watch the whole second season. Cant wait the new characters that are joining the cast look very interesting also
MtgRuler
One of my friends got me hooked on the series a couple of weeks ago. ive only seen about half the first season, but, wow, they're awesome! Wish i had the complete season of the 2 that are out, so i can catch up and watch the 3rd.
Kelcey
Hopefully this bounces back after a disappointing season 2.
slashnburn99
watched series 2 first

then series 1

series 1 blows series 2 away (shame about the writers strike)
Dean_The_Great
I am really hoping that in season 3 we will finally get to see an epic battle or two. Not nearly enough extended fight sequences. Not that they need to be constant... but one or two a season would be nice.
dickyzin
I think Heroes Season 3 will air next week. Heroes is the best series on now. Hope this time, they will show the full season with 24 episodes unlike last season where they cut it short due to some strike.
kevbailey
The first show is tonight. I am really looking forward to getting back into the story. Most of the characters are quite compelling, and the story is good (if not repetitive). Well worth watching, especially for the two hour season premiere!
spinout
Ohh, guess that SYLAR is back!!!! He might win this time!!!!!!
More heads to open Smile
QrafTee
Tonight's premiere was great. Episode 2 was so much better than Episode 1, but they were both great. I knew who shot Nathan when they I saw the preview of the first scene though.
blk3
I'm confused because according to Tv.com the next episode is a Clip Show (a summary of seasons 1 and 2) and it will air sept. 22, 2008 it was supposed to be episode 0. If you guys already watched up to episode 2, then that would mean they showed around 3 episodes just on Sept 22. I'm confused someone please enlighten me.
snowboardalliance
Damn I'm kind of upset, I was too distracted by studying to really get into the show, and also the "recap" was horrible for someone who completely forgot what has happened so far. I guess I'll be re-watching this weekend.
dickyzin
How many episodes did they show as the premier?
QrafTee
dickyzin wrote:
How many episodes did they show as the premier?

The premiere consisted of the Heroes Premiere--a recap of Seasons 1 and 2 which was an hour long. Episode 1 followed by Episode 2: The Butterfly Effect.
Starrfoxx
Season 3 is off to an awesome start. Some things bother me such as the direction they are taking with Suresh. For the most part, it got me hooked within the first 10 minutes. They wasted no time getting things pumped up.
blk3
Just watched episode 0,1 and 2. Lots of things happened on ep 1 and 2. I hope the don't intend to slow down on the following episodes.
dickyzin
I guess it's better to watch the Recap, that is Episode 0, first since I've already forgotten where we were left off at Season 2.
bloodrider
Yeasterday I finally saw the two first episodes of the third season of Heroes.
My expectations weren't disapointed Very Happy
Let's see in the next episodes if they mantain the quality Wink
driftingfe3s
blk3 wrote:
Just watched episode 0,1 and 2. Lots of things happened on ep 1 and 2. I hope the don't intend to slow down on the following episodes.

I hope they keep the momentum going as well. Just watched episodes 1 and 2 of the third season yesterday and today and I enjoyed the pace of things and the direction its going. The new characters look like they will cuase some interesting things to happen later. Am I the only one who finds the new super fast chick annoying?
Indyan
'Heroes' premiere down 25% from last year

The first episode really kicked ass. It was mind blowing. Its amazing how much they managed to pack into a single episode. The second episode was also quite good.
cavey
(Episode 0?)

This season start did certainly not disappoint me! Hope they will keep up the good work, and keep the seasons coming :) Great series!
Genesiz
The new season is so amazing. Watched all the other episodes on DVD three days before so I could remember everything. And because they are so good.

Cannot wait for the next episode. If the trailer is anything to go by, it should be amazing.
Rajiev
I do not watch Heroes. I've only watched 10-15 mins of it. Surprised

The reason for it is I'm now follwing wuite a few TV series and do not want to atttach to another TV show and wate time. I heard it is a great story and like the 10 min i watched.

Didn't watch even a single episode cos I'm worried that i would begin to love it and start watching it Very Happy
blk3
Rajiev wrote:
I do not watch Heroes. I've only watched 10-15 mins of it. Surprised

The reason for it is I'm now follwing wuite a few TV series and do not want to atttach to another TV show and wate time. I heard it is a great story and like the 10 min i watched.

Didn't watch even a single episode cos I'm worried that i would begin to love it and start watching it Very Happy

You should try watching it, if you want you can wait for an entire season to finish so you can continuously watch it, without having to switch attention between multiple series.
QrafTee
Anyone left wondering who was Gabriel's wife? And what's with those headphones? Last thing is why doesn't future Peter heal from his wounds, it looks like his head was fine.
bellebello
Quote:
Anyone left wondering who was Gabriel's wife? And what's with those headphones? Last thing is why doesn't future Peter heal from his wounds, it looks like his head was fine.

There are so many plotholes in the latest episode. Like why didnt sylar and peter use their awesome skills like telekinesis on them. The 2 most powerful heroes seem helpless against the 3 mediocre characters. I hope the writers know what they are doing coz I've invested so much time watching this series.
roxys_art
Volume One is way better than Volume Two. However, this can probably be attributed to the damn writer's strike. While watching the rest of Volume Two, it just seemed like everything was rushed and storylines were put together quick in an attempt to end it in 11 or 12 (or whatever it was) less episodes.

Volume Three is okay so far. I have only watched the first three episodes. I must say that I really like the Sylar storyline so far (teaming up with Noah). I also like the fact that they explained that he did not eat the brains to receive the new powers - even adding a little humor to it. I also like how they explained that it's not Sylar's personality that makes him want more powers; it's a "side-effect" of his power.
roxys_art
bellebello wrote:
There are so many plotholes in the latest episode. Like why didnt sylar and peter use their awesome skills like telekinesis on them. The 2 most powerful heroes seem helpless against the 3 mediocre characters. I hope the writers know what they are doing coz I've invested so much time watching this series.

Plotholes? I think what many people are forgetting is that when this series first started, it was "normal people with special abilities". It's hard to say what these individuals would do under duress. After all, these individuals are just normal people who just happen to have these special abilities. I would think something that special would take some getting use to.

I really think people need to give the writers a chance to explain the story. But instead, they would rather point out "plotholes" and complain about how much time they have invested in the series. I record it every week, so I skip through the commercials. This means that the show is about 45 minutes long (give or take). Are you saying that your time is so precious that 45 minutes in one day is a big deal? If so, I would suggest not watching the series then, because it's obvious you have much better things to do.

Give the show a chance to get started.
dickyzin
This season is quite confusing. Time shifts and traveling back-and-forth into time makes things complicated. If you miss a few seconds of the episode, you can get seriously lost. But I still like the series. It's great and entertaining.
rshackelford
I haven't watched one episode yet this year even though I watched the first two. I'm going to have to find the episodes online, does anyone have any ideas of where to find them?
sheedatali
Yea it is awesome, I love it, I have two episodes of season 3 and it seems it is going to be even more twisted this season. Really looking forward to next episode.
Rajiev
blk3 wrote:

You should try watching it, if you want you can wait for an entire season to finish so you can continuously watch it, without having to switch attention between multiple series.

I know it is a great season. But time is the problem is time Sad

If i start watching it, I'll have to allocate more time for TV, which i can't do at the moment Sad
ceann
i like that they are making Sykar more of a hero than a villain. that's very interesting Cool
SHARPBALL
Heroes ready to see another exiting new episode
Genesiz
@QrafTee - from what I've read, I think that Peter can only heal when he can access his ability straight away. If the Haitian is nearby at the time, he won't be able to access his regeneration, meaning he wouldn't heal, which seems to be where he got his scar from.

@bellebello - Sylar said in episode 4 that he was constantly fighting against the hunger his IA brought. Maybe he didn't want to use his TK initially against Knox because it might bring out this hunger and put his son in harm's way. As for Peter, being constantly hit at superspeed may make it hard to access his ability Very Happy

@ceann - I think that's basically the reason they called it Villains. Heroes becoming Villains and Villains becoming Heroes. Should be good to see who else goes bad/good in the future.

Season Three has kicked ass for its awesomeness. So much better than Volume 2, and possibly even Volume 1 given the amazing action scenes. And, to those that have been complaining about the plot-holes; surely a bit of suspense makes watching Heroes a whole lot better. Watching specifically for any plot-holes just ruins it.
gtherockgod
dickyzin wrote:
This season is quite confusing. Time shifts and traveling back-and-forth into time makes things complicated. If you miss a few seconds of the episode, you can get seriously lost. But I still like the series. It's great and entertaining.

I agree with you, its almost difficult to not get lost with all the jumps to different times and locations and characters. So far I'm not incredibly impressed with the third season but I'll keep watching in hopes that it'll improve, plus I want to see where it goes. I find Peter's character leaves quite a bit to be desired; hopefully that'll change now that he's lost his powers.

Or maybe he'll get them back within the first 10 minutes of the next episode, as these things tend to happen in similar shows.

Either way, I've found Matt Parkman to be pretty entertaining. And Hiro and Ando are always fun to watch.
Kelcey
There are tons of holes in the situations. Half the time someone could use mind reading to understand another person's true intention or heck, just go back in time to stop something from happening. But if they kept doing that, the show wouldn't really exist. So it's kinda their fault they created a beast that has many plot holes that they can't cover up.
warriorpoets
That last episode was kind of meh. It seemed like an uninspired "bridge" chapter where certain events were supposed to happen to get the story from one part to another. It advanced the storyline, but nothing more.
crimson_aria
started watching it last week. i'm still on the first season, Chapter 17. so far, i'm liking it.
dickyzin
Many characters with powers which are all inconsistent. Nothing seems real anymore. Traveling through time is convenient when it's something trivial BUT when it's something important or significant, traveling through time is like some kind of cheating and morally wrong etc etc.
amperx
@Genesiz - i definitely agree, heroes is going to be much better than previous seasons, lets not judge it right away, its only been 4eps.-5?

I definitely love the plot this season, as for the skills and the new characters, i wanna see more to it, and what of ando, nooooooooooooooooooooooo
dickyzin
Is Sylar still evil or has he changed to a good person?
TomS
He killed Elle, two weeks or so ago. I would't call him a good person. Also he still kills for new abilities, although he achieved to copy Elles ability to create electricity without harming her...
keane
Is it true that episode 13 is the last episode for this year? I read somewhere that they'll be back by February 2009, I think. Sigh... can't wait for the next episode! Rolling Eyes
Liques
keane wrote:
Is it true that episode 13 is the last episode for this year? I read somewhere that they'll be back by February 2009, I think. Sigh... can't wait for the next episode! Rolling Eyes

Yeah, they will back on February. The episode 13 was the last of the book three, the next episode will start the fourth book. Smile

I can't wait too!!! I was surprised with the vacation... but they deserve ^^
dickyzin
So is this a short season? Or did they divide the season into two volumes?
TomS
Well. It was two episodes longer than season two, which had only eleven episodes...
If it's true that season four will be aired in february, than it's better than the long time between season two and three... Hopefully they air it early in february^^
dickyzin
Yes, it is definitely better scheduled than the previous season. But apparently it was due to the strike. I heard that the next Heroes to be aired is on 2nd February. Hopefully they keep their word on it.
keane
dickyzin wrote:
Yes, it is definitely better scheduled than the previous season. But apparently it was due to the strike. I heard that the next Heroes to be aired is on 2nd February. Hopefully they keep their word on it.

I really hope that they keep their word on it! I just can't wait for the next episode.... it's about 2 1/2 weeks away. *sigh*
roxys_art
I quit watching after the first episode (or something like that) because I forgot to record a few episodes. Since I missed these episodes, I decided it would be best not to watch the rest of the season because I would most likely be lost.

So, I will be waiting to go to the local Blockbuster so I can watch 'em. Anyone know when the DVDs for the new season come out?
Crazy_Canuck
Heroes starts up again this Monday, 2/02/09. I've seen the previews for it.
Starrfoxx
The first episode of Heroes: Fugitives was very, very good.

I think the writers have gone back to the drama the first season had, rather than action. It has a good feel to it, so far.

Did anyone notice that Peter's ability works a little differently than it used to?

I certainly hope that they can pull Volume 4 together and make it as incredible as the first season was. I worry that the show will be canceled, though. It's up against "24", and that show is well established in its own right.
Tuvitor
Yeah, that worries me also. I also like the new direction that Volume 4 has taken so far. It just feels right and isn't all full of overly complicated plotlines.
wab11287
I am one to not get into shows at all but I have to say that once I started to watch season one of Heroes I got hooked. I loved the first season and wished they never stopped.

Once I started to watch the second season I was looking forward to it and it had a lot of potential... and it failed. Six faults of many 1. Weak new characters: Elle was so hyped up, it was crazy that anyone could like her whiny character. 2. Hiro in Japan: W-H-Y? My brother who doesn't watch the show thought it was stupid too. 3. Peter in Ireland... with amnesia. 'Nuff said. 4. Hyped up villains: Maury was so hyped up, it kinda sucked to find out he was done with so quickly. 5. Company: The whole big problem introduced too late. and 6. West. Creepy
pho3nixsky
I LOVE HEROES. Can't wait for fugitives season 4.
joomla
We are on episode 16 here and it is getting better and better.
they made it to national news here because of the promising season 4 that is coming.
season 1 was awarded so many prices! I love heroes.
Starrfoxx
We have a used bookstore that sells books, movies, games, and all kinds of stuff. Before Fugitves started, they had Season 1 and 2 available for $30 each used. (I bought them.) There were plenty to get. Now, they are totally gone.

I think Heroes is redeeming itself. But is it too late? I remember that Star Trek: Enterprise had really redeemed itself during the last season, and then it was canceled.
xeitermz
heroes s3e14 already released....
tomorrow will be heroes s3e17...
can't wait to dowload....hehe...
Rajiev
well, I knew this was a gerat show and for that reason, I didn't start watching it. COs I have lot on my hand and didn't have time to watch another show.

But Last Month, I thought Of just watching the pilot of the season one and keep the rest for later..

well, I stopes by watching all the spisodes of the season :p

Great season. Everyone who watches Smallville and shows like that, plus others shold love this Smile
keane
Heroes is on the 18th episode of volume four (season 3). I really liked the show, but lately it's been really dragging... But it's still worth watching. Smile
Starrfoxx
Although the pacing has been really good and interesting, there's only 2 episodes left and I fear they are going to rush out a conclusion. Fugitives would be more interesting if it was as long as Season 1 was.
keane
Starrfoxx wrote:
Although the pacing has been really good and interesting, there's only 2 episodes left and I fear they are going to rush out a conclusion. Fugitives would be more interesting if it was as long as Season 1 was.

Two episodes left? It says on IMDB that Heroes season 3 has 25 episodes, or did they cut it short?
Rajiev
All the fans of Heroes are saying that lately it is being dragging a lot and it has made doughts in their minds what will happen to the future of this show ???

I mean not the season 3. They will finish season 3 unless its not the world's end. :p But season 4 and many more to come ... Question
Skye001
Heroes has been poor.

IMHO nathan has been suprisingly good but the plot revovles around Nathan and they so could have made this season way better - A Bit more action rather than beau crating debates..

The hunter should have played a more killing machine type of role, but hey Slyar was seen with the hunter towards the end of the previous episode... maybe he has his killer now?
Skye001
Okay lets not forgot the whole of season fugitives was for sylar meeting his daddy, that was just a let down in its own RIGHT.... how rushed and boring was it!
jinger89
I've been holding my breathe ever since the end of the first season, in hopes that this show will become better again. When every season begins I think there is a chance that it will regain it's former glory, but every time I start watching I am let down.

And also, Claire needs to die already, she is sooo annoying. She is probably the worst, most obnoxious, completely irrelevant, absolutely irritating character in the whole show. Agreed?
Starrfoxx
I agree that the story is being rushed. They shouldn't try to do a 12 episode arc. The first season worked so well, because they planned the story across 22-24 episodes. It's one of the reasons why "24" still amazes me, because they take the time to build the story and it never feels rushed.
Rajiev
Finished watching season 2...

although it was 11 episodes it was marvoulous Smile cant wait till i watch the season 3.

BTW, One guy was talking about season 4 Surprised Y ? the season 3 is not over yet.

Since the season 2 finished at a peak ( as all seasons do) cant wait till i get my hands on the season 3. One of My mates said he will bring it this week end...

I dunno what will happen since the SIlar is back. I hate that guy <_<
keane
Rajiev wrote:
Finished watching season 2...

although it was 11 episodes it was marvoulous Smile cant wait till i watch the season 3.

BTW, One guy was talking about season 4 Surprised Y ? the season 3 is not over yet.

Since the season 2 finished at a peak ( as all seasons do) cant wait till i get my hands on the season 3. One of My mates said he will bring it this week end...

I dunno what will happen since the SIlar is back. I hate that guy <_<

He was probably talking about Volume 4, which is a part of Season 3. The second half of Season 3, actually.
Rajiev
arh,
My bad.

Its cool how the season names and chapters apear in heroes Smile

Just like a part of the show, on a window, a building or a hand of a charachter Surprised
Starrfoxx
There's 4 episodes left of "Fugitives" and the pace seems to have changed. I remember reading that they were going to go for a clean slate in this volume as if they were doing this for first time watchers of the series, but more and more it seems like they are referring back to Volume 3 and the odd plot lines they did that irritated viewers.

I read that Season 4 of Heroes is approved with NBC, so I hope the next volume is better. Fugitives was a step in the right direction, but I'm kind of "iffy" on how these last few episodes will turn out.
Skye001
Heroes is heavily based on X-men kinda, they need to replicate one of the two things

first - humans hate mutants
Heroes needs a new angle, and see-ing a divide between good and bad mutants vs humans - okay agreed to much like xmen but it needs a refresh - mutants vs mutants is so first season...

second - kill of less important mutants
I thought with the hunter and his team, their would be more death and action but no. Heroes like claire, mica, aquaboy, flying boy and etc need to die. There just no climax or anything shocking to make you want to watch heroes.

I still believe the Sopranos is the best TV series ever. If you havent watched the sopranos it eats current tv series like 24, heroes and lost.
Skye001
Heroes is heavily based on X-men kinda, they need to replicate one of the two things

first - humans hate mutants
Heroes needs a new angle, and see-ing a divide between good and bad mutants vs humans - okay agreed to much like xmen but it needs a refresh - mutants vs mutants is so first season...

second - kill of less important mutants
I thought with the hunter and his team, their would be more death and action but no. Heroes like claire, mica, aquaboy, flying boy and etc need to die. There just no climax or anything shocking to make you want to watch heroes.

I still believe the Sopranos is the best TV series ever. If you havent watched the sopranos it eats current tv series like 24, heroes and lost.
keane
Starrfoxx wrote:
There's 4 episodes left of "Fugitives" and the pace seems to have changed. I remember reading that they were going to go for a clean slate in this volume as if they were doing this for first time watchers of the series, but more and more it seems like they are referring back to Volume 3 and the odd plot lines they did that irritated viewers.

I read that Season 4 of Heroes is approved with NBC, so I hope the next volume is better. Fugitives was a step in the right direction, but I'm kind of "iffy" on how these last few episodes will turn out.

Great news! Since Heroes has 3 more episodes left, can't wait for Season 4 hehehe... (Yeah, I know it's too early to get excited hehehe) Razz
Starrfoxx
The season finale of Heroes was amazing. I won't say what happened for those who didn't see it, but the ending really put a twist on things. I'm beginning to think the future might turn out similar to the one protrayed in Season 1. Peter doesn't have his scar yet. I kept thinking he'd get it this time, since he no longer can heal. Although Peter's new ability is interesting, I still miss the "old" Peter and all his abilities.
amperx
Im so tired of waiting for season 4, hopefully it comes on soon xd

the twist of the finale in s3 was so unbelievable, like they tried to fix the plotholes in the story
gj on that one producers.. season 4 come nao! XD
slashnburn99
best series on the box

Series 1 awesome
love_her_freida_pinto
Heroes was great when it first came out. But like most TV series, the show started to get messed up like this guy has this power, oh whoops, tomorrow he loses it. i absorb your power, u absorb my power, u eat my brain, i eat yours, etc. Peter is now weak as well and he rarely appears much now. the show is now more based around Sylar and Hiro (go Hiro YAZZZAAAAAAAAAR!)