FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Re-Set the most users online

truespeed
Quote:
Most users ever online was 1023

When the above statistic was reached,it was only because there was a database malfunction or something and it counted users over an hour or something rather than the normal five minutes,so as it is a false stat,perhaps a reset should be done,as at the time i think most users online was only about 130.
Diablosblizz
How do you know there was a database malfunction? If there was, and there is proof, then it should be reset. Although, why would the server could more than hour, when it's supposed to be 5 minutes. It doesn't make any sense to me.

But anyways, if it is a false stat then yes it should be reset in my books.
rvec
I have no idea what it was, but there was a topic about that earier where Bondings also mentioned what the problem was. Yeah I guess it should be reset.
Genesiz
I was online less than half an hour before that was counted, and as i remember the count was that high because there was something like 900 guests (ie. bots) online, and only 100 or so actual users.

Didn't know that there was an actual problem, thought that it was just an unusual occurence.
truespeed
rvec wrote:
I have no idea what it was, but there was a topic about that earier where Bondings also mentioned what the problem was. Yeah I guess it should be reset.

Heres the thread

And heres what Bondings said..

Quote:
There seems to be a problem with the server time - again. Maybe the server was restarted and the time got set to a previous time, causing all users/guests who were online during the difference, to be in the list, instead of the users that were active during the last 5 minutes. The same thing happened when I transferred the forums to the new server.
Diablosblizz
Hmm, that's really odd. Yeah, it defiantly should be reset.
Bondings
I didn't change it because I didn't really think it's that important and because I didn't completely remember the previous value. It was probably somewhere in the mid 200 I guess. I'll reset it next time I access the database (and if I remember it).
Blaster
Its really not that big of a deal. Its only a simple stat.
m-productions
but its a fun state.. thats why its there =P. Sometimes its just nice to know these little things, like total post counts..and users.. theres no NEED to really know this, but its nice.
truespeed
If it is re-set i think it should be set to 0,rather than an educated guess as to what it used to be,and allow the new most users online to re-set itself,
LukeakaDanish
truespeed wrote:
If it is re-set i think it should be set to 0,rather than an educated guess as to what it used to be,and allow the new most users online to re-set itself,

I agree.

Also I agree that stats are fun Razz

Infact we should have even more stats Razz
airh3ad
I have no idea what it was too but i read this in other post , maybe we should not reset it co's im always online evrytime hehehe.
Peterssidan
If we take a look at the Internet Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.frihost.com/forums/
we find that the most users ever online was 106.

Maybe this is a good value to go back to. Probably it should been higher but the newest cache is from Jan 01, 2007 so it's quite old thanks to some meta tag.
truespeed
In phpbb3 you can re-set users online in the admin ,dont they have this capability in version 2?
rvec
bondings will reset it in the database. And phpBB2 doesn't have that setting.
nam_siddharth
Most users ever online was 3124 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:28 pm
I am not for resetting the stats. It can be a genuine stat.
Bondings
nam_siddharth wrote:
Most users ever online was 3124 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:28 pm
I am not for resetting the stats. It can be a genuine stat.

Of course that was real. It had nothing, but absolutely nothing to do with the time on the server being wrong and those 5 minutes actually being several hours.

Anyway, I've reset it now, but in case something happens to the server time, it will be changed to such a big value again.