FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Another cliche question

iyepes
I want to ask about something so-typical, the student who falls in love for his/her teacher? I prefer not to take into account when the student is minor under the law, because it's a dangerous thing, but when we where young at the university and had a crush over a teacher.

I remember liking a teacher when I was finishing my career, I considered him totally interesting, but never anything happened. I saw him many years after my graduation, and all the halo around him had vanished, I saw him so common and not exactly handsome (he never was, but I looked at him different then).

Do you think that teachers always should say NO, to any romantic relationship with their students? (considering both are adults) or could a teacher go on?

My opinion always has been that a teacher should remain away, because the contrary would be mixing a power relationship with an emotional relationship, and both student and teacher expose themselves to all people criticism.
Kelvin
as a professional, a teacher should always refrain himself/herself from any from or relationship with a student. But whatever happens after the student finishes studies or graduated, then i don't see there is any reason why they should not date if they want to. It's just a code of professionalism that one should keep when handling the situation as a student teacher relationship is always a sensitive issue. Once such things are discovered, then there will be biasness issues, gossips, criticism etc. etc.
Coen
I think teachers should always restrain themselves as long as they teach the student and have the student in class. After graduation or whenever they don't have the student in the class anymore (forever) they can do and let whatever they please for as far as I'm concerned.
killerqueen
Kelvin wrote:
as a professional, a teacher should always refrain himself/herself from any from or relationship with a student. But whatever happens after the student finishes studies or graduated, then i don't see there is any reason why they should not date if they want to. It's just a code of professionalism that one should keep when handling the situation as a student teacher relationship is always a sensitive issue. Once such things are discovered, then there will be biasness issues, gossips, criticism etc. etc.

Ditto that- after school is over, the student/teacher relationship is broken and there is anything that can stop them. It's just not very ethical to date a student- although it is known that some do. But as Kelvin said, there is no reason why they shouldn't date in the future (Always if they're both adults). What happens in many cases is that students find interesting teachers because of that, they are students and they like teachers. So after school is over, they don't look at the one who used to betheir teacher the same way.
apple
I agree with kelvin....during school time no...but after you graduate and stuff and are both adults (by law), whatever you chose to then is fine.