FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XP Help needed!

jon_k
im trying to rebuild my friends pc for him with xp but when i try to turn it on before it shows the login page it says that baseexcbms32 was not found and to reinstall but i cant beacuse i cant go farther nor do i know what baseexcbms32 is i am trying to get to the bios so i can set it up to read off the disc first so i can reinstall xp but i cant get to the bios pls help
Diablosblizz
Is there any reason why you are unable to get into the BIOS. Any error messages. We need some additional information before we can assist you. If you can, try getting into Safe Mode and booting that way. This can be done the hard way (it's harsh on the computer): turning on computer and waiting for it to get the XP Boot Screen then turn it off (hold the power button) then turn it back on and it should ask how you want to start the system.

Try Safe Mode and / or "Start computer from last known good Configuration." I hope this helps.
jon_k
it just doesnt let me get to it like theres no option of it so ive tryed the del button which is what it is on my pc and F10-12 non work (those are the ones ive seen on PCs)
Diablosblizz
Hmm that's odd... does the keyboard work? If nothing is opening when you're pressing these buttons then the keyboard could either not work or is not plugged in. Check the connection and / or replace the keyboard and try it again.

Good luck.
jon_k
the keybord works if i press F5 upon startup it gives me the options screen with safe mode etc but i just cant get to the bios :S
Diablosblizz
Hmm, I don't really know. Going to have to wait for somebody else.
jon_k
Smile thaxs for acctualy responding Smile
jon_k
ok well im able to get to the bios now and i set it to read from the disc drive first it get to windows start up window like your installing it once is loads all the files the pc auto shuts off and says that a threat was detected any info on this?
surdy
can you be more specific about the threat warning or error message you get ...I mean what does it exactly say about the threat.
jon_k
yea i will post the exact msg later
surdy
yeah it would be much clearer what the problem is once we know the error message
surdy
jon_k wrote:
yea i will post the exact msg later

what happened buddy you didn;t post the error message yet
did the problem get resolved ?