FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

troubles

Nathan_Turner
Im not sure how to get my site to work. I have uploaded it into my pulic_html file and when I try to access http://www.nathanturner.frih.org/ I get

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Have I completely missed something?
Diablosblizz
Please double check that your main page is called index.php or index.html? If so, then make sure you've uploaded it in the public_html directory under the right domain. You can check by going in DirectAdmin, clicking Files then domains, then click your domain. Next, click on Public_HTML and upload your stuff there.

If not, there could be a issue with your uploading / account and you'll have to wait for an administrator. Good luck.
Nathan_Turner
what are all the rest of the txt files that are in the directory?
Diablosblizz
If those are your files, that you've created, then you need to change the .txt to either .html or .php. Preferably .php because if you've incorporated PHP scripting into your page then it won't work with a .html extension.
Nathan_Turner
If Im getting that forbidden error that says I cant access "/" doesnt that just mean that when I try to access the site its taking me to that root directory instead of the public_html directory?
Diablosblizz
Nope, Apache thinks (or actually it's set to think) that the "/" directory is "public_html."