FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My new web-design site power of css

nayloon
my design hasn't finished yet.
http://creativecodes.blogspot.com/
b4r4t
Well ... I can tell You that it's simple. Simple, clean ... but grey - I don't like this "color" (but it's me - there are people who like it for sure).
Next thing is, that for now it looks like floating boxes on the background ... it's not closed nor open construction, it's something between, but I feel wierd when I look at it ... maybe because of this fixet background... I don't know.
But let's wait for the final realise Smile
InsanePL
I like this simple and clean layout but you should increase padding at content boxes, cuz it`s looks horrible when everything is near tio edges.
pashmina
looks incomplete especially your posts, like this one http://creativecodes.blogspot.com/2008/08/joomla-themes.html
JinTenshi
Indeed, does look very incomplete.

Try making your banner a png file and have a transparent background for it, cause i could see quite obviously there is a box around the banner and it's unsightly. Unless of course you say that's your style, I recommend to change it.

Besides that, your background is fixed, which some just don't look right. try using a
background-repeat: repeat-y;

Other than that, I don't know how to put it but, I just don't to see the boxes floating around like this. Would be good to have a background or place those boxes in a DIV and perhaps put black as background or some sort.
Insanity
I would suggest getting a more solid layout as opposed to having boxes floating all over the places like the previous posters suggested. The whole gray thing doesn't work for me either; it's too monochrome. Especially when your content has bright colors, then it just clashes with the whole page.
rawrgasm
yeah! You must add padding to the boxes!!

I really like your site, I think the logo looks good with
that bewel-effect but you should take it out from anywhere
else on the page because the effect loses it's speciality!!

rawrgasm