FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who is the leader of your country?

profbis
Prachhleanda, aka. Pusparaj Dahal, a Maoist leader.
ocalhoun
AFriedman
I am ashamed to say--George W. Bush. But not for long.

Either of the candidates, I think, would be much better.

Thank God for term limits. Smile
mrcool
I too...ashamed to mention our President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo. Our country is still not progressive as I didn't expect before I voted her. I thought she will changed our country for the better and not for worst...but sad to say...nothing happens...nothing changes but it worsen..
jambler
Dubyah is my president, and I still stand beside my idea that he is 10 times better than John Kerry would have been.
snowynight
In China the president is Hu Jintao, who is one of the youngest president in the Chinese history.
vontero
President Hosny Mubarak
palavra

Recep Tayyip Erdogan

Prime minister of Turkiye

Actually we have a presiden but real power for administration belongs to prime minister

president of turkiye

Abdullah Gul
ptolomeo
The leader of my country is Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, an excellent female president. The first one in Argentina that was freely elected by people.
WicCaesar
President Luiz Inácio "Lula" da Silva

I'm not really sure if I like his Government.
nigam
Our president is Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, the first female president in the Philippines. So shameful.
ocalhoun
nigam wrote:
Our president is Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, the first female president in the Philippines. So shameful.

I hope you don't mean it is shameful because she is female.
nilsmo
Bush might not actually be clearly a leader whose own ideas set the nation's course, although he is the official leader.
cavedog2
Thabo Mbeki but with the elections next year it would properly be the ANC again and then the new President would be Zacob Zuma. Sad
ayour
the leader of morocco is the king mohamed 6 he's a good one
apple
Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago is...Mr Patrick Manning
PennyLane
King Albert the second, yeah :d
but actually it's all up to our prime minister...
Westerhof
Jan Peter Balkenende
[img]http://images.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.digischool.nl/kleioscoop/balkenende.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.digischool.nl/kleioscoop/balkenende.htm&h=2126&w=1535&sz=359&hl=nl&start=1&usg=__LbVVT8fEn7iwIcJXPpPYjuSDXIc=&tbnid=TDYaJCwT72mUaM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=108&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbalkenende%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Dnl%26sa%3DG[/img]
jylan
Well here in Australia we don't have a president, but we do have a prime minister called Kevin Rudd who won the elections last year over John Howard and the Liberal Government. Kevin Rudd belongs to the Australian Labor Party.
slashnburn99
If you dont like your leader join this Country,

he started his own country watched the shows on BBC TV

http://www.citizensrequired.com/
imera
We have a king, but kings don't really do anything besides being an image of a contry, the goverment we currently have is Karl I. Hagen.

The contry is good so it's not like I care so much about who runs it because nobody is able to put the contry first, it's more about making good statements and then taking a lot of money for themselves.
Chinmoy
Im from india. We have manmohan singh as our prime minister-democratically elected.So he has a good amount of competition and pressure..But i expected much more progresss with his excellent cabinet.Still its not bad.
karlo8890
oh my goodness! why's she our president? hopefully in the 2010 presidential elections, she will not run again for president of the Philippines...... I agree with a user saying she's so shameful... hoping she will realize what the people are pleading to her...
joomla
AFriedman wrote:

There are still various ways for Bush to stay in power (read the patriot act).
As soon as your country is at war, there can be no change of president by USA law.
If you search youtube on martial law, you see there is a fat chance that GW is even going for this option.
palavra
joomla wrote:
AFriedman wrote:

There are still various ways for Bush to stay in power (read the patriot act).
As soon as your country is at war, there can be no change of president by USA law.
If you search youtube on martial law, you see there is a fat chance that GW is even going for this option.

With this last economic problems i think mr. bush can not dare this.
tippsoftware
in my country, we have a leader who doesnt care to me. it's Alvaro Uribe, worst president of Colombia. But my country is a great site to leave. I'm ashamed of my president. What a deception.

Bye.
jiangshan
Hujintao is the leader of our country,he is the chairman.and Wenjiabao is the president.They are the fourth generation leaders of China,and they are admired by our people because they are very excellent,work-hard and kind-hearted.Our country has changed more and more after the leader of Mr. Hu and Wen.they are good leaders.
prithvi
Chinmoy wrote:
Im from india. We have manmohan singh as our prime minister-democratically elected.So he has a good amount of competition and pressure..But i expected much more progresss with his excellent cabinet.Still its not bad.

But the remote control is in Sonia's hands Laughing
ciureanuc
The Romanian president is... I was soooo happy when he was elected, now I HATE HIM with the same force of the feeling (but negative).
He is the first one... I have just one word: STUPID. That's it.

He don;t know how to rule, he don;t care about the image of his country abroad, when this guy is going to... let's say France, nobody waits for him at the airport, nobody is interersted in what this guy say.
What is wrong with us??? How we were so fooled?
I hope next year we will solve the problem.
silobean
[/img]http://www.presidensby.info/images/sby.jpg[/img][br][CENTER]SUSILO BAMBANG YUDHOYONO[/CENTER]
silobean
im1ofthem
Very soon, Barak Obama... (He's the lesser of the two evils)
dickyzin
Kevin Rudd is the current Prime Minister of Australia. I believe he will bring Australia forward and handle and end the global financial crisis.
deanhills
I'm not sure whether I have a country anymore. I have been living as an expat in the Middle East for almost 8 years. I'm not too crazy about the current Government in Canada and not keen to even begin to look for a photo of its current Prime Minister. I really like Pierre Trudeau, although he was well before my time, but he was his own person and contributed much of himself. Chretien was also not too bad. He was during my time. The photo below is of Pierre Trudeau (far right), with of course John Lennon and John Lennon's wife Yoko Ono:

mejo1900
I can't figure out if you really meant to ask who my president/king/minister/ etc was or if you mean who in my opinion really leads my country. My president is Obama...some say buisness and lobbyist control the country though.
coollateral
Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Prime minister of Turkey.
I think all world recognize him after Davos
muffinman187
obama usa
sana618
President of U.A.E. is His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Vice-President and Prime Minister of U.A.E. and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
pho3nixsky
Kevin rudd. Aussies would know him.
dickyzin
One of the evils in the world, a ruthless dictator, Than Shwe of Myanmar. Myanmar was formally known as Burma which was used to be one of the Commonwealth countries.
tingkagol
nigam wrote:

Really?

Maybe you should study Philippine history a bit more.

...and I can't understand all the GMA hate. She is better than the whole opposition lumped together.
LostOverThere
Kevin Rudd since November 2007 where he was pitted against John Howard. Now, just because I'm awesome, here's a picture of him.

Joanne
tingkagol wrote:
Quote:
...and I can't understand all the GMA hate. She is better than the whole opposition lumped together

Pfft... Don't close your eyes to what are already around you and our country.

"If there's smoke, there's a fire."

Ever heard of that cliche?

I respect your opinion, so no pun intended with my initial reaction.
I wont say she and her followers have not done anything that is helpfull to us, though I can't pinpoint any.

But I WOULD say she has caused a lot of chaos, here and in many provinces, that should make our people question her ability to lead WITH peace and cooperation.

If I'd think back, this is the only time I disliked a president.
Excluding Marcos, I was still a kid when he was ousted.
The scam of Ramos would pale in comparison of the scams she AND her loving husband have made.
manlear

Thank God for term limits.

There aren't "Term Limits" in the U.S.
Our first president set a "Precident" (Tradition) of the president to server only 2 terms. All of the presidents have followed this tradition except for Franklin D. Roosevelt who served 4 terms and led the U.S. through World War II
gandalfthegrey
George Carlin :p
carlospro7
Well, currently I live in the US, so Barack Obama, but I'm a citizen of Peru. He is Alan Garcia, he previously served as president in the 80s and did an awful job. So far he messed up as badly
tingkagol
Joanne wrote:

tingkagol wrote:
...and I can't understand all the GMA hate. She is better than the whole opposition lumped together

Pfft... Don't close your eyes to what are already around you and our country.

"If there's smoke, there's a fire."

Ever heard of that cliche?

I respect your opinion, so no pun intended with my initial reaction.

joanne wrote:
But I WOULD say she has caused a lot of chaos, here and in many provinces, that should make our people question her ability to lead WITH peace and cooperation.

I'm sorry, pun? Smile

Anyway, true. I cannot deny the current "chaotic" situation in the country. Her ability to stay in office, despite the numerous rallies and the opposition-funded EDSA "come rally with us for free food" revolts, is still quite remarkable - but not unfounded. This is largely due to the ununified opposition, and in my honest opinion there is absolutely no way they can overthrow a president when they're divided & dissident themselves. And even if they do succeed in overthrowing her administration, I highly doubt it will alleviate "instability" throughout the country. If anything, it will worsen it. Again, for the same reasons.
Quote:
I wont say she and her followers have not done anything that is helpfull to us, though I can't pinpoint any.

This is funny.
Quote:
If I'd think back, this is the only time I disliked a president.
Excluding Marcos, I was still a kid when he was ousted.
The scam of Ramos would pale in comparison of the scams she AND her loving husband have made.

Try comparing her to Erap.

And could you please enumerate these "scams" you speak of? The NBN/ZTE deal? Election rigging? And if I may, could I ask why you're so convinced that indeed she had a hand in these controversies and that these are not mere musings of the opposition?

I realize I'm apologetic when it comes to GMA. I'm partial about the controversies, and as you said - if there's smoke there must be a fire - but still a pretty poor aphorism to warrant any judgement. All in all, it turns out my disappointment of the opposition is more than enough to outweigh it.

But don't fret, 2010 is almost here.

lol. This should be in the politics thread.
manlear
Quote:

But don't fret, 2010 is almost here.

lol. This should be in the politics thread.

Lol nice.
amfriendsforever153
i am an indian by nationality.in our country the leader is manmohan sing.he is our prime minister.
wiureczka
In my country there are few leaders - Poland.
Standard leadears are President - mr Kaczyński - he has a twin brothe, who is also acitive politic that's why i don't know his name, because I can make error and mistaken them;
there is also the premier - mr. Donald Tusk

And we have also third ruler in my country - religion with mr Rydzyk head of Maria's radio. Leader of old or primitive piece of nation ( about 7-10 milions).
Noremac
Australia-Kevin Rudd

Shameful.

All the best promises, All the worst action.
ted1986
Hu Jintao, the chairman of china.
supernova1987a
KING *********
Melacos
Disregarding the international puppet masters and neoliberal ideologies, that might very well be the actual 'leaders' of my country (Denmark), our current 'minister of state' is Lars Lřkke Rasmussen, and has just recently been appointed when our former accepted the job as secretary general of NATO...
myviny

Dr. Manmohan Singh - Prime Minister of India continuosly for second time after completing his tenure of five years. I voted for his rival both times.
Greatking
his name is president Evans Atta Mills. he is very good. i like him.
standready
In the USA, we have no leader. That thing that was elected is busy visiting other countries with it's family to lead us.
pll
I live in canada, but I'm not so happy about my Prime-Minister so I'm not even writing his name.
(here's a picture of him 2 thumbs up!)

He seems to be very serious and professional on the picture don't you think? Rolling Eyes
Lukexx
Currently Silvio Berlusconi is the prime minister

While the president is Giorgio Napolitano
BrumDubai
I live in the Dubai and our ruler is Sheikh Khalifa, President of the UAE

But Dubai is better known for the Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed:
bsbteng
Hujintao is my president
Melacos
Basically I guess it should be 'the people'. Don't exactly know if that's actually the case though...
Hogwarts
Melacos wrote:
Basically I guess it should be 'the people'. Don't exactly know if that's actually the case though...

What, so you're going to have a referendum for each time you want the public sector to do something? Rolling Eyes
xyos
alvaro uribe velez.
Xaferrow
Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is my current president Very Happy
Easyway_Lover
Kevin Rudd is my country's Prime Minister. Although he speaks Mandarin fluently, he is currently using Inflation to attempt to combat reccession. Which is why he is giving money to schools and places so people will get employed.
Chinmoy
our country is run by a decent/indecent democratic rule, which gives us all the right to vote and chose our leader.
fatosshala
Leader of my country is Hashim Thaçi
Flakky
Queen Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard of the Netherlands, of Orange-Nassau. Just call her Bea Smile
mtorregiani
My president is the Dr. Tabaré Vázquez.
My COuntry: Uruguay
Flakky
Easyway_Lover wrote:
Kevin Rudd is my country's Prime Minister. Although he speaks Mandarin fluently, he is currently using Inflation to attempt to combat reccession. Which is why he is giving money to schools and places so people will get employed.

Sounds like a good man, we need people like him.
pscompanies

President of India[/img]
macky
happy to know we have our P-Noy... President Noynoy Aquino... Very Happy
drummer
Dilme Roussef ¬¬
ashamed to say
celebi269
Currently, we have Benigno Simeon Aquino III as our president here in the Philippines. I still can't say whether he did an awesome job, he's just in the starting stage..
ms_j
Right now, Boris Tadic is the president of Serbia.
gandalfthegrey
Unfortunately, the Military-Industrial Complex.
adri
No one? Razz

We haven't had a government in more than a year (elections were one year ago). We do have a temporary government but they don't have the full rights.

BBC made a post about it today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13725277

adri
deanhills
adri wrote:
No one? Razz

We haven't had a government in more than a year (elections were one year ago). We do have a temporary government but they don't have the full rights.

BBC made a post about it today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13725277

adri
Thanks for posting it Adri. An excellent article. Maybe Belgium does not need a Government at all? It has just proved that to themselves? Twisted Evil
iChill
Benigno Aquino!!! Yellow Yellow!!