FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Singapore did it again in Olympic medal chase!

shenyl
Wow, Wow, Singapore succeeded to go through a loophole to get an Olympic medal.

Singapore has been great in re-defining many things to get what is needed.
Paying women to go through ligation to prevent further births, only to realised 2 years later, that they need to grow the population.

Democracy was re-defined as Meritocracy (you get it, if you deserve it). There wasn't even a referumdum needed to subtly replace democracy with meritocracy.

Now we have it, that Olympic games allows "citizens" to win glory for their nation.

All three players in the Table Tennis Team of Singapore are imported from China.
One was recruited early 2007, and became a key player to secure the Olympic Silver medal.
Even the coach in this critical event is from China.

Singapore need to find ways that potential Olympic medal winners can become Singaporean.
If this process can be "perfected", Singapore can be propelled to again shows the excellence even in Olympic and reveal the true spirit of Sportsmanship.

But I do fear that if every countries adopted this "excellency" model for the Olympic games, what will be the outcome.

I can imagine allowing sportsmen/sportswomen multiple nationalities, so that they can switch even at last minutes to participate for any countries that would offer them the best prize money.

Overall, well done Singapore, for showing the world the possibilities and for winning the silver Olympic medal in the Table Tennis Team event 2008.

Someone actually said - Singapore won with China's Team B. I would said more likely with China's Team D.