FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cpanel/Problem With Login

flyfamilyguy
Hey guy's.
I'm having another issue with accessing my cpanel. First, my password would not work. Then I chose the "Change Password" link, and retrieved a generated password via email. The password worked, but as soon as I logged into cpanel, I changed the password back to something that I chose. NOW, I am getting the "Brute Force" message again!

You guy's are Freekin' GREAT man! I mean..,I could not ask for a better hosting service! But it really sucks when I'm right in the middle of installing some software, and cannot access mysql in order to create a database! Sad (I know...This is for MY protection, as well as yours.)

Should I have waited a while to change my password after using your randomly generated password?

Thanks to ALL of you!
Diablosblizz
How many times are you failing to type the correct password? I believe if it's 3 or more the system boots you out for a bit. If that doesn't work, then change the password to something else.
flyfamilyguy
Diablosblizz wrote:
How many times are you failing to type the correct password? I believe if it's 3 or more the system boots you out for a bit. If that doesn't work, then change the password to something else.

Sorry, but you didn't get it my friend. I tried ONLY ONCE using my password. (Could have typed it wrong), but after "ONCE", I chose to use the "Change Password" link, and was given a new, "GENERATED" password via EMAIL from the good folks here at frihost. That one WORKED. But after logging in with my new "GENERATED" password (complements of Frihost), I immediately changed my password back to something that I chose, and THATS when I got the "Brute Force" message.

In other words, the password was entered correctly. Rolling Eyes
mOrpheuS
flyfamilyguy wrote:
I'm having another issue with accessing my cpanel. First, my password would not work. Then I chose the "Change Password" link, and retrieved a generated password via email. The password worked, but as soon as I logged into cpanel, I changed the password back to something that I chose. NOW, I am getting the "Brute Force" message again!

You guy's are Freekin' GREAT man! I mean..,I could not ask for a better hosting service! But it really sucks when I'm right in the middle of installing some software, and cannot access mysql in order to create a database! Sad (I know...This is for MY protection, as well as yours.)

Should I have waited a while to change my password after using your randomly generated password?

Thanks to ALL of you!

Something made a boo-boo ... either the connection between your computer and the server (at either end) or cPanel itself. Confused

If you are not able to access cPanel as of now, you can have you password reset again and try to do the whole thing over.

I couldn't find anything on the internet to suggest that this wasn't an isolated case.
flyfamilyguy
Thanks mOrpheuS!
flyfamilyguy
Just RE-changed my password, and all is well.

MAN, I am amazed that you guy's do not offer paid hosting! I would pay you in a SECOND for some space, a .com, .net, etc, domain!

I am so pleased with you guy's! Since I joined frihost, There has NEVER been any downtime. THAT is really something to brag about. (Especially when it is free hosting!)

It seems that frihost is superior to any PAID hosting service available; I do not need any phone support, I never have to submit an email for support, and..well, things just work! (I get things from frihost for free that I have to pay for with 'Godaddy', and other hosting sites.

Thank You, mOrpheuS!
Diablosblizz
I agree. The support here is amazing, and very very fast. I'm glad that Frihost was made and I found it. If not, I would have been dead. Also it has great PHP support, learnt a lot here (THANKS RVEC). If there is any downtime, it somehow fixes itself or Bondings (or an admin) is quick to fix it.

So, thank you very much Frihost!
flyfamilyguy
Oh, Yeah...Thanks to you too 'Bondings'!