FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestion for Subject Line Use in this Forum

Olly
Can we make a rule that goes in the sticky that says people wanting to advertise their website must say in the subject line what it's about? There are so many "check out my website" posts with no hint of what the website is about. Needless to say there are some websites that will hold more interest to us than others and we don't want to waste our time clicking around on websites that aren't our 'cup of tea'.

Maybe the subject line could follow guidelines something like -
New WS -Tutorials on making signatures
WIP - Tutorials on making signatures. Advice required.
WIP - Tutorials on making signatures. Please rate so far

Also, these people are losing potential viewers like me who stop checking them out 'just to see what it's about' because we don't have the time to check them all!

So I could be missing out on a really good website that I'd like and they're missing out on me looking/joining etc.

Please People - if you've gone to the trouble of making a website - it must be about something you're passionate or interested in - advertise it in the subject line - so we all know.

Thanks
Olly
Ghost Rider103
Well first of all, a suggestion belongs in the Suggestion forum.

Second, I wouldn't call yourself a "potential viewer" when you only have five post.

Third, it is their decision on how to word their own website thread. Depending on their knowledge on how to word a topic to get more viewers, that is their own loss. If they are not good enough at wording a simple website thread to get your view, their website probably isn't worth looking at anyways.

But I do agree to some extent, it is dumb how people do that, but hey it's their loss not ours.

I don't think actually making people word a thread a specific way is necessary, and having so many rules will often make a user just leave the forum because of strict rules.
Olly
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Well first of all, a suggestion belongs in the Suggestion forum.

Second, I wouldn't call yourself a "potential viewer" when you only have five post.

Third, it is their decision on how to word their own website thread. Depending on their knowledge on how to word a topic to get more viewers, that is their own loss. If they are not good enough at wording a simple website thread to get your view, their website probably isn't worth looking at anyways.

But I do agree to some extent, it is dumb how people do that, but hey it's their loss not ours.

I don't think actually making people word a thread a specific way is necessary, and having so many rules will often make a user just leave the forum because of strict rules.

Firstly, Sorry, I missed seeing that there was a separate Suggestion forum.

Secondly, Must disagree with you about me not being a potential viewer with only 5 posts though. A potential viewer could be someone with NO posts. I have in fact looked at quite a few of the websites mentioned to see what they've done and see what's possible. I plan on becoming a regular on the forums so why should I wait until I have a specific number of posts before suggesting something? And would would that number of posts be to make a suggestion from me acceptable?

Thirdly, I didn't call people dumb and don't like to call people dumb. I was pointing something out they may not have thought of - I was trying to be helpful.

Lastly, if a rule is a helpful one members will see the benefits of it, and if they want to stay with a forum they will regardless of how many rules there are to follow.

Anyhoo, each to their own opinion

Olly