FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dr.House

zyd666
Hi ,
some one here watching the serial "Dr.House" ?
here some INFO about this serial if you don't know :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(TV_series)
crdowner
I watched House regular the first few seasons. His character is starting to get old though. I think they need to "grow" his character some - make him a little more human.
RosenCruz
i am a huge fan....never missed an episode.....i even had a blog about it... Idea
Vladalf
I like Dr.House very much. I like how he is very good at this job and how he does not use his feelings. I've only seen the first two series, I will try to watch the others too.
-Vladalf
Indyan
The first episode of S5 was a bit quiet, but that had to happen give the how high strung the last two episodes of S4 were. It seems that Wilson would be going away from House for sometime.
Btw, for medical reviews of house check out http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html
Idoru
I am watching season 5 now, but I feel disappointed. It feels like House is even more cruel than usual,
and the storyline is a bit repetative.
Project01
love dt house... his style rocks... Very Happy
Vladalf
Indyan wrote:
Btw, for medical reviews of house check out http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html

Thanks for this link. It's very interesting to see what doctors think about this, because all sounds very correct for someone who isn't into medicine but it's actually really interesting if everything is correct.

Vladalf
zyd666
Idoru wrote:
I am watching season 5 now, but I feel disappointed. It feels like House is even more cruel than usual,
and the storyline is a bit repetative.

right , now he's much crueler then ever =\
prisonbreakinfo
I love House! I have only seen series 1-4 as I buy it on DVD, not watch it on telly, but I think his character is amazing. I think series 4 is the best series so far, as I love the introduction of new characters, and House's interaction with them, particularly in the first half of the series.

The last episode was really sad though. Sad
Arthur3009
i hated tat serie, really it's terrible!
littleladyluck
I love Dr House series!! Witty dialogues, quite caustic in fact but hilarious. Dr House character is such a bastard sometimes.
metalprincess666
that's good
i've watched 1st season Very Happy
Blissgene
Following that till the latest episode. Freaky intellectual is amazingly attractive. Medical terms are kindof mysterious.
Arseniy
Yeaaaah I love that one Very Happy
He just owns everyone he wants and he owned my mind too Laughing
They started to show it in Ukrainian last week and before I used to see it in Russian. Both translations are superb.
Lupius, eh?)
missdixy
I used to think the show was pretty all right but like people have mentioned, his character is just sort of getting old, and the story just seems repetitive. They really need to build his character more and maybe change up the story a bit. Or something.
roxys_art
The best show on television. I watch every episode (or at least DVR it). I love the quick, witty remarks and how he arrives at his solutions (even though they may not be based on actual medicine).

Yeah, it's the same formula for every show, but every show on television today follows some sort of formula. And why does he need to become more "human"? His character is what made the show, and now you want him to be more "human"? What would be the point? Then it would be just another boring medical show on TV (Grey's Anatomy, ER, blah blah blah).

Sure, switch up episodes a little bit to make the show evolve, but don't change what made the show successful to begin with.
deanhills
I'm also a fan. I really like this series. For me the character of Dr. House has so much integrity, touched with a little of the rogue as well. Wish we could have someone like that in real life! Think the world is a little short on excellent diagnosticians like Dr. House Smile
roxys_art
deanhills wrote:
I'm also a fan. I really like this series. For me the character of Dr. House has so much integrity, touched with a little of the rogue as well. Wish we could have someone like that in real life! Think the world is a little short on excellent diagnosticians like Dr. House Smile

Ha...I think I sense some sarcasm, but I know for a fact I wouldn't want a diagnostician like Dr. House working on me. It seems that alot of the time his way of curing a patient is to give them some sort of medicine and see if it kills the patient.

Another thing I want to add is that I love the way House begins. It's one of my favorite things to see how each episode starts.

Does anyone know when House starts up with new episodes again in the United States?
deanhills
When I could not sleep in the early morning hours, I hit on a satellite TV station (Nilesat) Station 7, and there was a British comedy on the go, a very old one, but a good one, quite hillarious but dating back quite a number of years. And I thought one of the characters looked familiar, and who did it turn out to be but our dear Dr. House! He is certainly a fantastic mimic, as he had to mimic a number of characters, but I never realized this guy was English? Is he?

He was actually playing the piano as well, sort of taking the micky out of the Beatles "Hey Jude", and wow, does he play the piano well. Relaxed and effortlessly. Sounds like another character like the one in "Arthur" to me. Probably need to look him up on the Movie Websites.
roxys_art
Yes, Hugh is British, and his voice does not at all sound like Dr. House. It's higher pitched and of course....British. He does a good American accent doesn't he?

And he is pretty good at playing the piano and also the guitar as highlighted by some of the episodes.
madenotborn
Wow I LOVE this show I've Seen every single episode. They are all amazing.
roxys_art
Ehh...not ALL episodes are great. However, the first and second seasons were my favorite overall seasons.

Three of my favorite episodes: Three Stories, Euphoria, House's Head/Wilson's Heart.
locoom
if u live in usa u cant watch episodes Smile
http://www.fox.com/house/
madenotborn
I wonder if the made his characters name house because he makes people brake into other peoples houses Very Happy
cavey
I "never" get to see it. But the few episodes I have seen are really great!
Insanity
The writers gave him the name House because they wanted to parallel his character with Sherlock Holmes. Holmes, or "homes" compared with House. There are several other discreet references, such as his apartment building having the same number as Sherlock Holmes (221B I think), and his best friend being Wilson (compared to Watson). You can also see the similarities in their techniques and ability (being able to diagnose patients or unravel cases when nobody else can).
deanhills
Insanity wrote:
The writers gave him the name House because they wanted to parallel his character with Sherlock Holmes. Holmes, or "homes" compared with House. There are several other discreet references, such as his apartment building having the same number as Sherlock Holmes (221B I think), and his best friend being Wilson (compared to Watson). You can also see the similarities in their techniques and ability (being able to diagnose patients or unravel cases when nobody else can).
This is quite interesting. Thanks for the info. Sort of tongue in the cheek names.
Gushe
One of the Best series ever! Very Happy
imera
I'm not sure which season I'm watching, I love it of course but it's not like I'm sitting in front of the tv every time it's coming on, we are 6 people in this family that have different interests Razz lucky for me two of them enjoy Dr.House Very Happy

I just love his character, I don't know what it is but I love mean characters, like on Scrubs I just love Dr.Cox, and that 70's show it's Hyde, always goes like that for me.
angfrayle
"Doctor, heal thyself."

The saying applies very well to Dr. House. He is a man in pain that is why he is characterized the way he is. I think that he should stay as he is, but that the series should put in more diverse characters that would collide with Dr. House.
roxys_art
Ahhh. That episode last night was ridiculous. It rates close to the top of "shocking" moments in TV shows that I watch. But I definitely think the assassination of former president Palmer in 24 rates as THE highest.

Still, I personally really liked the Kutner character. He brought alot of humor to the show, but at the same time, he brought alot of edge and knowledge. The website "dedicated" to him is kind of weird, but seriously, I had a feeling someone was going to die, but I didn't know who and when. I definitely didn't think it would be one of the main characters, but apparently Kal Penn is actually going to work at the White House and asked if he could be written out of the script.

Huge paycut, but some very interesting experience for sure.
fruitcakelyts
house is one of my favorite shows EVER.
sheedatali
Yes it is fantastic, I have seen all 5 seasons and I love it. It is well written, fantastic cast and brilliant acting that makes it very popular.
desonium
I am watching House weekly.
It really is a very good tv programm. I really like watching it.
Especially doctor House is a very good actor. He makes the serie that good. Cool
deanhills
desonium wrote:
I am watching House weekly.
It really is a very good tv programm. I really like watching it.
Especially doctor House is a very good actor. He makes the serie that good. Cool
Agreed. Wish we could have doctors like that in real life! Smile
Noremac
He's just a Becker rip-off.

Now that was a show.

I do like Hugh Laurie though, he's a great actor, it's just the show got repetetive for me. And it's kind of annoying that they never seem to have normal cases or illnesses.
Parkour_Jarrod
Noremac wrote:

Now that was a show.

I do like Hugh Laurie though, he's a great actor, it's just the show got repetetive for me. And it's kind of annoying that they never seem to have normal cases or illnesses.

I think thats why they're the specialty unit....
Noremac
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Noremac wrote:

Now that was a show.

Yeah. But it's still ridiculous after 5 seasons.
Parkour_Jarrod
Noremac wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Noremac wrote:

Now that was a show.

Look at the size of the hospital and the population of America (& average stupidity), not really...
Noremac
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Noremac wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Noremac wrote:

Now that was a show.

Look at the size of the hospital and the population of America (& average stupidity), not really...

touche' Parkour Jarrod, touche'
but it doesn't make the show easier to watch. I guess I feel like I'm cheating on doctor Cox from Scrubs.
Parkour_Jarrod
Noremac wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Noremac wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Noremac wrote:

Now that was a show.

touche' Parkour Jarrod, touche'
but it doesn't make the show easier to watch. I guess I feel like I'm cheating on doctor Cox from Scrubs.

Razz
disasters
The second favorite series: D
angfrayle
House is excellent. I find the series funny at times; at other times, it makes me think.
menino
Yeah, I find Dr. House really hilarious at times. Although mostly, he speaks really fast, especially when he is berating someone.
But its all good. and fun.
babarus
Is great . I say that it sholud be watch