FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why is some text tiny on my screen in Firefox?

DoctorBeaver
I've just started using an Ubuntu based PC and strange things seem to be happening with text.

For instance, when I'm browsing the forums the text is fine. However, when I try to type a reply, the text I'm typing is so small I can barely read what I've put. The labels on some of the buttons is tiny too.

I've tried making the default text size bigger in Firefox, but that just makes what was big to start with even bigger and the small text remains small.

What's going on & how can I rectify it?
Diablosblizz
Googling found the opposite of what you're looking for, but maybe you can tweak it so it fixes it for you.

http://support.mozilla.com/da/kb/Toolbars+and+page+content+appear+too+large+after+upgrading+to+Firefox+3

If that doesn't work, write down all your plugins and reinstall Firefox.
LostOverThere
Can't you just, on a certain page press Control + or Control - depending on how you want to adjust the text. It saves your text size preference for next time you view that specific page.
Sphaerenkern
Also, you can adjust the mininum font size in Content -> Fonts -> Advanced (hope that the names are right, I translated it in english from my system).
mehulved
LostOverThere wrote:
Can't you just, on a certain page press Control + or Control - depending on how you want to adjust the text. It saves your text size preference for next time you view that specific page.

But still the fonts would remain skewed, isn't it? since the bigger fonts are still big. And to keep on toggling the size freqently is a pain, IMO.
LostOverThere
mehulved wrote:
LostOverThere wrote:

But still the fonts would remain skewed, isn't it? since the bigger fonts are still big. And to keep on toggling the size freqently is a pain, IMO.

It remembers your preference.