FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WAP and cURL

Zackster
I would like to suggest that you make the forum accessable from mobile devices ie:wap accessable. I cant always use a normal computer because i get around alot and the pc for some reason cost alot. And i think most users would enjoy being able to post from their cellphones especially if they are in a hurry.

Would you please consider adding cURL support? I have many scripts that use it. Yeah its much faster than fsockets (hope i spelt it right ^_^).
rvec
I thought Bondings already enabled the curl support. If he didn't I agree he should, and fsocket should be disabled instead.
Zackster
Fsocket is stil usefull since most scripts stil use it even though its slower than curl. And where did you read that its enabled? I searched the forum and found nothing thats why i asked.
rvec
no I had a private conversation with him, and he said he'd enable curl and disable some other function to open files with an url (instead of a path).
takashiro
Otherwise, perhaps you should buy a laptop instead of a cellphone! Smile
rvec
curl isn't only used for that, it's used to fetch just about anything from an url. I really think it should be enabled.
simplyw00x
I asked about curl aaaages ago and it was duly enabled on server 1, then disabled with an upgrade, then I asked again and I can't remember what the current status is. It's definitely useful but has a few security issues in terms of what it allows users to do that violates the TOS.
rvec
simplyw00x wrote:
I asked about curl aaaages ago and it was duly enabled on server 1, then disabled with an upgrade, then I asked again and I can't remember what the current status is. It's definitely useful but has a few security issues in terms of what it allows users to do that violates the TOS.
That's why we have it in the ToS, if it wasn't possible we didn't have to put it in the ToS.