FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The unofficial PC topic!

Wuppie
There is a Wii-topic, a PS3 topic and a Xbox360 topic, but the best gaming platform doesn't have a topic yet. I don't know if many people play games on their PC, but I'll find out soon.
I like PC gaming better than any other platform. Shooters work way better when aiming with a mouse in my opinion. But it's more expensive to run games well on the PC than on a console.

I mainly play call of duty now, sometimes Sim City Societies. I can't wait to play Spore, Far Cry 2 and GTA4.
jon_k
i play alot of games on my pc Very Happy
David_Pardy
I don't even own a console.

I do ALL my gaming on the PC. I have surround sound, a 22" widescreen LCD monitor and a 19" LCD monitor, a high performance video card, etc.

PC FTW
achowles
I don't own a console. At the time of purchase my PC cost about the same as a PS3. The games look better running at higher resolutions and the games are far cheaper. So I disagree with it being more expensive. It's only more expensive if you're insistent in keeping your PC on the bleeding edge. Which far exceeds what the consoles are capable of anyway.

As for my present favourite games:
Orange Box (all of it, but I don't take TF2 online much)
Advanced Warfighter 2
Rainbow Six: Vegas
SWAT 4 (yeah, I like tactical shooters)
Medieval 2: Total War
Company of Heroes
Supreme Commander

I'm really looking forward to Fallout 3, STALKER: Clear Sky and Demigod too.
bogger
portal
portal
portal?

I play cod and dow on my PC, nothing else
David_Pardy
Lemme think of a short list Wink.

World of Warcraft
Oblivion (with COUNTLESS mods)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Transport Tycoon
Locomotion
Rappelz
Myst IV: Revelation
Age of Empires 1, 2, 3 with expansion packs
Civilization 2 and 4

Not to mention the 860gb of hard drive space...
simonwest80
I love my PC and generally play most games on it. And my Alienware Lappy is my baby, and i love the fact i can take it anywhere and play COD4 or Oblivion Smile. Like people have said you can build a PS3 killing PC for half the price of the PS3 with better output and stick a 360 pad in there and you have everything you need for a console. The only thing is i like to play some of the games that come out on the console first ie GTA4, Metal Gear etc so i will always own most the things available on the market.
Diablosblizz
I play all of my games on the PC. I don't believe I've touched my consoles for over a year now. Man, they're probably so dusty! Razz Here's my list (top being most played):

Counter Strike 1.6
Starcraft
Diablo II
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires III

I like Age of Empires II better than III because it's more realistic, and I love that age. David, what operating system are you using? I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get RollerCoaster Tycoon (1) working for Windows XP! It drives the heck out of me!
Nameless
Wuppie wrote:
Shooters work way better when aiming with a mouse in my opinion.

You have not played the Wii, have you?

(Actually, I'd say PC gaming is overall better than console gaming, if only for one reason: Freeware.Very Happy)
misterXY
Nameless wrote:
Wuppie wrote:
Shooters work way better when aiming with a mouse in my opinion.

You have not played the Wii, have you?

(Actually, I'd say PC gaming is overall better than console gaming, if only for one reason: Freeware.Very Happy)

or downloaded-ware Cool lol
yeah there needs to be a pc gaming thread, l play SimCity4: Dex Version
CANT STAND sim city societies, its horribly slow on my pc, and l can play some of the most hardcore graphic games you can name, without any trouble. EA made it, need anymore reasons?