FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I plan to get my own domain but how ?

cyberbuddy
i am planning to buy a domain ,any one please tell me where and how to register and if a get a domain how it will ?for example i want www.myname.com.

How much i need to pay for the above?
if any one knows pls share your knowledge with respect to the above

thank you
Jean-Luc
GoDaddy is excellent and the prices are quite good (less than US$ 10 for one year).

Jean-Luc
win66
cyberbuddy wrote:
i am planning to buy a domain ,any one please tell me where and how to register and if a get a domain how it will ?for example i want www.myname.com.

thank you

You can always go to domain registrar, such as mydomain.com, godaddy.com, dotster.com, dynadot.com, domain.com to register domain you like. Everyone of them provide almost the same service just the price may different. You can make compare. Next, you need to search and domain whether is available or not. If it's available, purchase it immediately before other is grab. You can use credit card or paypal to make payment. However take note not every registrar is accepted paypal , like godaddy.com need u to make verification but mydomain.com, dynadot.com, domain.com, dotster.com not required u to do so. Also, I make a post before where mydomain.com have a coupon code "htmli.info" (without "") which give u 15% off of your entire order with them. You can save some money from just enter the coupon code, great right?
loyal
cyberbuddy wrote:

thank you

Peace.

You want to buy a domain? You need to find a registrar and pay them, and they do it for you. I use www.namecheap.com and I recommend that to you. Godaddy is also another huge registrar. You can find coupons at www.retailmenot.com which will reduce the price.
After you pick a registrar, you check if the domain you want is available. If it's registered by someone else, or one of those annoying search engines, then it's not available. You check if your domain is available by performing a WhoIs search. Registrars have this search facility on their websites. Different registrars have different pricing for different domains. For example, a .com will cost more than a .info . But the price will vary at different registrars.
If you have searched for the domain you want at a registrar you like, buy the domain. Usually you can use paypal, which is an online secure payment system.
After you have bought the domain, you need to point that domain at your webhost's nameservers. For example, frihost's server 2 nameservers are ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net. After that, you must login to your control panel and create your domain and configure it. How to do this is in a sticky at this link: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43309.html .
Your website should be up and running!

Hope all goes well. may God bless you Smile
reiika101
I suggest you to purchase a domain at www.namecheap.com. They give out domains and you just pay something like $9.99 a year.
swizzy
Jean-Luc wrote:
GoDaddy is excellent and the prices are quite good (less than US$ 10 for one year).

Jean-Luc

Use GoDaddy with coupon code OYH3 and the price will reduce to 6.95$..
dude_xyx
Both Godaddy.com and namecheap.com are good registrars. You can buy a .com domains for around 7 used at Godaddy.com but it would get like 9 usd at Namecheap. If you haven't register a domain your own before then try one of them/
the-guide
The good news is Godaddy.com now offers One 1 yr $1.99 new .com, .us, .mobi, .biz, .net, or .org domains (not currently owned) for the first year.
likeabreeze
to be honest, no need to buy a domain, earn coins at Frihost and request for a free domain.[/b]
pochui
i think there are plenty of domain registrars available, and no need to post them here, you can always use the all knowing google search...one thing to have in mind- the choice of top level domains on offer- the most popular ones will always be there, but if you are in need for a more exotic one, or come from a small country (like i do) and want to pick a domain name with your country code- you can see that option missing....
Bluedoll
One additional note on domain names. If you are trying something for fun and don't mind changing the name each year you can find some really cheap deals but if you want one year after year go shopping because renewals can increase in price. If you plan on keeping it you can buy something for more than one year in a one time payment.
zimmer
I have a domain name at yahoo but after a year i surrender it because i dont like there interface, you need to ask for support if you change a new IP adreess..

The worst is there technical support is very delay it take me 3 weeks just to change the IP plus they want me to renew 1 month before it will expires...

I am really dissapointed at YAHOO SMALL BUSINESS
twotrophy
likeabreeze wrote:
to be honest, no need to buy a domain, earn coins at Frihost and request for a free domain.[/b]

Thank you for pointing this out. It depends on how much time are you willing to dedicate in earning coins. 350 coins is a very large amount of coins. If you are using it for a commercial business, it would be more efficient buying a domain. However if you are using a domain name for a blog or a personal website, it may be better earning a free domain from Frihost especially if you are unwilling to purchase it using credit cards or similar forms of payment.
Qantas94Heavy
zimmer wrote:
I have a domain name at yahoo but after a year i surrender it because i dont like there interface, you need to ask for support if you change a new IP adreess..

The worst is there technical support is very delay it take me 3 weeks just to change the IP plus they want me to renew 1 month before it will expires...

I am really dissapointed at YAHOO SMALL BUSINESS

Wow - they need you to ask their support to change nameserver addresses? :O That must be horrible (however I cannot confirm his claims)! If you don't like the service there and you really need the domain name move it out of there ASAP. Confused