FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

some exciting news

mattyj
Me and wife are currently in negotiations to buy or 2nd house Smile

We have pre-approval from the bank, and are just negotiating with the owners at the min to find a reasonable price.

This is awesome news for us, because currently we own our house in the old town we lived in which is about 6 hrs drive away, but have been renting since we moved down here when i got a new job...and where we are renting is like 45 mins drive from work, the house we are buying is about 5 mins drive Smile

Its a great house too...Older style (first house built in the town!) but in very good condition, and it comes with a shop!! haha
erlendhg
I didn't quite get that. Did you own or rent your first house? Or was it another house you were renting?
...and what do you need a second one for? Are you also going to keep the first one?

Anyways, good luck with your buying Wink
deanhills
mattyj wrote:

We have pre-approval from the bank, and are just negotiating with the owners at the min to find a reasonable price.

This is awesome news for us, because currently we own our house in the old town we lived in which is about 6 hrs drive away, but have been renting since we moved down here when i got a new job...and where we are renting is like 45 mins drive from work, the house we are buying is about 5 mins drive Smile

Its a great house too...Older style (first house built in the town!) but in very good condition, and it comes with a shop!! haha

Awesome! Congratulations. Hope it will be a wonderful home for you. 5 minutes away from work! So now how can you beat that for convenience. Could not be better. With a shop. Plus income from your first home. Good investment! Have you got plans for the shop yet! Thought of starting a real estate business? Smile
KHO
Thats pretty exciting. Sounds like your getting it for convenience sake? And that sounds interesting as an "older style" with a shop inside. Post pics?
mattyj
erlendhg wrote:
I didn't quite get that. Did you own or rent your first house? Or was it another house you were renting?
...and what do you need a second one for? Are you also going to keep the first one?

Sorry i didnt word it very well

We own (or rather are buying) a house in another town that we moved from a few months ago

We are currently renting, but 45 mins from where i work, so are looking to buy this place which is much closer
mattyj
deanhills wrote:
mattyj wrote:

Awesome! Congratulations. Hope it will be a wonderful home for you. 5 minutes away from work! So now how can you beat that for convenience. Could not be better. With a shop. Plus income from your first home. Good investment! Have you got plans for the shop yet! Thought of starting a real estate business? Smile

No plans for the shop yet...Possibly might use it as a small gallery for my photography, over public holiday weekends and stuff, as its a very touristy town
mattyj
KHO wrote:
Thats pretty exciting. Sounds like your getting it for convenience sake? And that sounds interesting as an "older style" with a shop inside. Post pics?

Convenience aswell as i dont like renting as you are paying off somebody else's house, its just good that it is so close.

Here is a photo from google maps, house on the right shop on the left. Smile

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=51+Main+Rd,+Buchan,+VIC+3885,+Australia&mrt=all&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.956293,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.492881,148.172972&spn=0.012071,0.019312&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=-37.498936,148.171999&panoid=j3tLhrRXNUD9OXnTwhWZGA&cbp=2,312.8645577052141,,0,11.208917069849374

Also its right next door to the local hotel and general store Smile
KHO
Very nice. Hopefully the current owners will be quick about this deal then! haha. Couldn't imagine owning a house and still having to rent one to live in because of distance >_<
loonix
Very nice - does this mean you'll now have 2 houses?
mattyj
KHO: Yeh its not nice owning a house but having to rent..

loonix: Yep this will be house #2, doing alright for a 27 year old i reckon Wink

Oh and our offer got accepted, $30K less than what they were asking!
loonix
Nice one, congratulations - so you gonna just rent the other house out now then?
paul_indo
Sounds like you are on the way to being real estate tycoons, congratulations keep up the good work and your future should be very secure.
PatTheGreat42
That's pretty sweet. Movin' up in the world, eh?
jon_k
thats awesome i wish i had a 2nd house xD
missdixy
So what exactly is a shop? When I first read 'shop' I pictured a room where one could work with wood and stuff, like a wood shop. Weird I know but I've never really heard of a room as a shop before.
Zuex
Congratulations, your life seems to be going well Very Happy
erlendhg
mattyj wrote:
erlendhg wrote:

Sorry i didnt word it very well

We own (or rather are buying) a house in another town that we moved from a few months ago

We are currently renting, but 45 mins from where i work, so are looking to buy this place which is much closer

Ah, then I see.
Well, again - Best whishes and good luck!
mattyj
missdixy wrote:
So what exactly is a shop? When I first read 'shop' I pictured a room where one could work with wood and stuff, like a wood shop. Weird I know but I've never really heard of a room as a shop before.

Its a seperate building on the left hand side of the block...It is actually on 2 titles, so the address is actually 51-53 Main Rd Smile I will get some photos soon and post them up Smile
tony
mattyj wrote:
missdixy wrote:

Its a seperate building on the left hand side of the block...It is actually on 2 titles, so the address is actually 51-53 Main Rd Smile I will get some photos soon and post them up Smile

AWESOME! Congratulations! Moving is sad, fun, exciting. I hope you enjoy your new place.
mattyj
Finally got around to taking some photos!

http://mattyj.org/house/

Unfortunately all the guys stuff is in there so looks messy, he's sick and his daughters just grabbed him and took him back to where they live...
James007
I don't see a question, just an announcement... so it's a blog post.
Blog posts should be made on your blog... No exceptions. I'm sorry.

-close-