FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

pimples ?

carl_fernandes
How does one get rid of pimples.... is there any good home remedy... i am not talking about creams and medicines here.. so natural way to get rid of them.. and the dos and dont to avoid them from coming back. Also how does one get rid off all the black marks that pimples leave...
Cddhesh
My sister was suffering from pimples problem,she tried all kinds (all brands) of pimple cream and medicines, but no nothing cured it, and at some places it got cured and marks remained.
Some old village fellow then told her to apply a substance called "Multani mitti", it is a mud that u find usually near desert area's and what a magic it was, within a one month all pimples disappeared along with there marks. I would like to suggest you go for "Multani mitti" because i have seen its healing closely Smile
Drawingguy
I guess any natural exfoliant would help preventing pimples, since they're caused by a buildup of dead skin cells
furtasacra
Pimples can be caused by many things. Hormones, stress, environmental crud, and bad eating habits, to name a few.

First and foremost, keep your skin clean, but DON'T dry it out. If your skin gets too dry, your oil glands work overtime. If you have clogged pores, you'll get even MORE pimples.

My best advice: Water water water. Drink water. Just plain unflavored water. Lots of it. And use a water based moisturizer. BTW, drinking a lot of water makes you go pee a lot. Pee! Pee like the wind! Pee like crazy! Do NOT take weak bladder medication, it makes you constipated. It's better to pee a lot than to be unable to poo.

Ahem.

It's an old wives' tale from my mother, but it worked. Old women are worth listening to. A lot of the things mean old ladies tell children keep turning out to be scientific facts. Examples:

Eat your vegetables, they're good for you.
Drink your milk, it's good for you.
Brush your teeth or nobody will like you.
Turn off that damn TV and go play outside, it's good for you.

Now turn off the damn computer and go play outside. It's good for you.
xaogo
dirty face = pimples, wash up.

stress/hormones/etc causes oily skin which causes your pores to clog up and cause pimples. if you notice your face getting oily, go wash it.
MGC77
furtasacra wrote:
Pimples can be caused by many things. Hormones, stress, environmental crud, and bad eating habits, to name a few.

First and foremost, keep your skin clean, but DON'T dry it out. If your skin gets too dry, your oil glands work overtime. If you have clogged pores, you'll get even MORE pimples.

My best advice: Water water water. Drink water. Just plain unflavored water. Lots of it. And use a water based moisturizer. BTW, drinking a lot of water makes you go pee a lot. Pee! Pee like the wind! Pee like crazy! Do NOT take weak bladder medication, it makes you constipated. It's better to pee a lot than to be unable to poo.

Ahem.

It's an old wives' tale from my mother, but it worked. Old women are worth listening to. A lot of the things mean old ladies tell children keep turning out to be scientific facts. Examples:

Ha-ha. This is funny post but true! Gosh knows I need to get outside more and drink more water!

By the way, I heard that if you start drinking more water you initially have to pee more but after some time of drinking more water your bladder adjusts and you don't go all the time.
fpwebs
If you are looking for a "home remedy" to clear up pimples there is not much that someone can tell you since there really is no such thing. Pimples are caused by certain oil factors in your epidermis (sp?) and so far chemicals can cure it. If you are looking for the best "home remedy" here is what I recommend:

1. Don't pop the zit since it leaves behind marks and pushes the puss farther into your skin which can cause damage to your skin or can cause yourself to get another pimple even quicker.
2. Wash your face every night and make sure that your living conditions are clean and healthy. Sometimes dirt an be a factor in your balance of body oil.
3. Maintain good personal hygiene.
4. And last but not least, time is truley the only cure. FOR ANY MEDICINE! There is not instant cure, but over time the person will cure up.
ssthanapati
yes "multani mitti" as someone pointed out earlier really helps in reducing pimples. Here in India its used. Its called fullers earth in english. Try to see if u get it somewhere.

To remove pimple marks, grind two or three neem leaves into a paste and mix with a tablespoon of multani mitti soaked in water. Apply this to clean skin and let it dry completely before washing it off. Do this daily for 15 days.
bonestorm74
I had pimples for years - and in fact still get them. I am now 34. I figure I will be one of the unfortunate ones to have them for life.

I can tell you that I went through just about everything trying to find a cure in the early days. I get big cysts, they last for weeks and leave scarring afterwards, so I was pretty desperate to find a way to minimise the damage.

I eventually found a site that talked about Benzoyl Peroxide products, and I decided to give one of these a go (I chose a product called Benzac AC). This is truly one of the best decisions I ever made, as it cleared up my acne almost immediately. I have been using this product now since 2001, twice daily, and I now rarely have any pimples at all. If one starts to come up, I hit it with extra cream and it goes away.

Can't recommend this product highly enough.
killerqueen
As a teenager I've had pimples for years- not in big portions, but two or three. I don't know, for me the best thing to do is wait and avoid touching them. Pimples are made of dead cells and sebum and your hands have oily residue common for humans- if you touch your pimples many times you're technicaly adding fuel to the fire! So, time cures everything Cool.
malindi731
believe it or not... it kinda works.
carl_fernandes
Cddhesh wrote:
My sister was suffering from pimples problem,she tried all kinds (all brands) of pimple cream and medicines, but no nothing cured it, and at some places it got cured and marks remained.
Some old village fellow then told her to apply a substance called "Multani mitti", it is a mud that u find usually near desert area's and what a magic it was, within a one month all pimples disappeared along with there marks. I would like to suggest you go for "Multani mitti" because i have seen its healing closely Smile

Whts this.. where do u find it.. wht color is it.. i have never heard of this...
nivinjoy
I had had pimples for 3 to 5 years..!! Now they have reduced a lot and literally disappeared from my face..!! During these years i learnt some tricks to keep away the pimples..!! Some of the major ways to keep away the pimples are that:

1. Keep your face always clean.. Always wash your face once you come from outing..!! So that all dust and dirt goes away from your face..!!

2. Don't touch them..!! One of the major way to prevent the spreading of pimples to other parts of face is that avoid touching the pimples..!!

One other way i tried to prevent pimples was to apply curd on face..!! I think it is a really good way to cure the pimples..!!
nigam
Well, good thing that I don't get pimples. Anyways, if you don't want to use creams because that can harsh your face, try to take vitamin E and that is good for your skin. Stay away bar hopping and stay away of sleeping late at night. Also, drink a lot of water too. I think this simple advices can help you on your problem.
nigam
Well, good thing that I don't get pimples. Anyways, if you don't want to use creams because that can harsh your face, try to take vitamin E and that is good for your skin. Stay away bar hopping and stay away of sleeping late at night. Also, drink a lot of water too. I think this simple advices can help you on your problem.
nigam
IsraelYsrayl
I would recommend to buy African black soup in solid form or paste (not in liquid form)....It's more purer when its solid(as in bar of soap) or in a solid paste...It does wonders to your skin and it will for sure clear up any pimples or any irregular skin. This soap has been around for 1,000 years and it's all 100% natural and packed with many nutrients "including vitamin E

I would also recommend to drink alot of water and try not to consume too much greasy foods and/or foods that are high in fat.
viraj
furtasacra wrote:

Ahem.

I do agree you, the best way to get rid of pimples is to wash your face on regular intervals, do not let the swet dry on your face.

Also, drinking a lot of water can also keep the pimples away.

The best way is to eat healthy, keep clean, and have a good sleep.

Those who have a genitic or harmone problems should go for medical treatment. I found homeopathic treatment is a better option and also I found this effective on many people.

Last but not the least, dont play around with those tin-mini pimples, they can put dark spot on your face.
Pepperfan
My experience is that when you "pop" them you can irritate the surrounding areas. This causes more pimples. So when you do try to contact as little normal skin in the area as possible. That and stay as clean as possible.

Charles
the-blurb
I used to have a big problem with spots... or pimples... and after trying every kind of so-called "remedy" for them I decided that maybe the problem was something a little simpler than just being "prone to spots", i.e maybe the actual problem itself was simply that I have unhealthy skin full stop.

Once I made this decision, I stopped using all these so-called spot treatments, because I figured that the chemicals in them probably made everything worse, and simply started looking after my skin. By this I mean keep it well hydrated by drinking plenty of water, use a non-evasive face wash which has no bad chemicals in it (I use the Simple range now and it works brilliantly) including a face scrub every few days to get rid of dead skin cells (washing your face with cold water is a good idea too, and I try to wash my face 3 times a day - i.e. morning, afternoon, and night, just so any sweat residue doesn't stay on the skin for too long), and introduce a morning and nightly moisturising so your skin stays nice and nourished. Also, diet can help too... and I'm talking specifically of Vitamin E. Eat lots of it. And look for face washes with Vitamin E. Foods include "vegetable oils, nuts, green leafy vegetables, and fortified cereals" in otherwords, gobble down green veg and eat lots of nuts, and if you cook anything with oil use vegetable oil (look for butters with vegetable oil too). It's also recommended that, while dairy shouldn't be over-eaten, it's a good idea to drink one glass of milk a day.

The key is to put as little on your face as possible. Getting spots can panic you in to buying loads of so-called "treatments" but they will more than likely make the situation worse. As with everything else, the more you mess around with something the worse it gets... so leave it alone. Just get yourself in to a normal routine as stated above and you never know, it might just work as it did for me. I won't deny that i don't still get spots from time to time, but since banning "spot treatments" from my life they've gotten a lot easier to control.
loyal
carl_fernandes wrote:
How does one get rid of pimples.... is there any good home remedy... i am not talking about creams and medicines here.. so natural way to get rid of them.. and the dos and dont to avoid them from coming back. Also how does one get rid off all the black marks that pimples leave...

I assume you're talking about acne?

If you are, then DO use a cream. Acne cream is usually good if it has salicylic acid in it. Salicylic acid is simply a modified substance that comes from willow bark. It works by making the skin shed more easily which stops skin pores from clogging up.

Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's effective or better than a substance which has been modified. Where do you draw the limit? Do you want someone to recommend you a plant with a long latin name, which you would than find yourself and prepare yourself?

I recommend clearasil, an acne cream.

Peace!
mshafiq
Pimples are serious problem of the skin. They appear on the cheeks, forehead and nose and spoil looks. Pimples are almost developed in young adults and teenagers due to the inflammation of skin. The acne home remedies listed below have worked for many people, but they may not work for some people. Pimples can be removed by taking enough vitamins, calcium, fruits etc. Try out these home remedies to cure pimples.

Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice to prevent formation of blackheads and pimples
tony
ssthanapati wrote:
yes "multani mitti" as someone pointed out earlier really helps in reducing pimples. Here in India its used. Its called fullers earth in english. Try to see if u get it somewhere.

To remove pimple marks, grind two or three neem leaves into a paste and mix with a tablespoon of multani mitti soaked in water. Apply this to clean skin and let it dry completely before washing it off. Do this daily for 15 days.

Wow _ i wish I had known of this when I was younger! ha
Guelila
I read somewhere a while ago that eating around 5 pieces of garlic everyday will help free you from pimples.
It said how the garlic cleaned out your internal digestive system and removed excess wastes, thus leading to a pimple-free face since pimples originate from excess body waste.

Ive been eating some garlic everyday, and I personally think that it really does work!
I really do see improvements
Smile
andredesignz
You know rite now i have problems with pimples but i think what can help is if u eat alot of fruits and vegetables and drink alot of water that might help alot
cixel
furtasacra wrote:

Ahem.

LOLOL. LMFAO. This lady has jokes.
mshafiq
Pimples - Water is a solution + washing face frequently

I agree that drinking water little more than what we do, helps us to see lesser pimples.

Moreover I observed that if we wash/clean our faces frequently, we will be able to see almost no pimples.

And the simplest way is to use simple soap and to use nothing.

However if the person's environment is dry (in air-conditioned area), it a better off to use some skin lotion.

Agree?

-- Best Regards
mshafiq
By the "Dove" also say something like

"Hydration is the key to beauty"

Correction: I'm sorry last time I used the word 'dehydration' that was wronf.
mshafiq
Water is not joke, I think!

I mean drinking more water is also a little therapy to minimize having the pimples.

No?

Comments please!
mshafiq
And what about stress/depression

Is there any link to pimples?

I suspect, there can be...

How?

Just change in hormones'/secretions' level.

I am nut sure though, any comments?

-- Regards
andredesignz
Guelila wrote:
I read somewhere a while ago that eating around 5 pieces of garlic everyday will help free you from pimples.
It said how the garlic cleaned out your internal digestive system and removed excess wastes, thus leading to a pimple-free face since pimples originate from excess body waste.

Ive been eating some garlic everyday, and I personally think that it really does work!
I really do see improvements
Smile

garlic????
Ghost Rider103
You can buy garlic at the grocery store. It's basically just like an onion, but worse.

I never heard of eating garlic to cure pimples, but if he says it works I guess you could give it a try Laughing

I don't know many people who eat garlic straight, infact I don't know anybody who would ever want to even try. If you ate an entire thing of garlic (especially straight!), I might consider donating Frih$ to you. Laughing
andredesignz
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
You can buy garlic at the grocery store. It's basically just like an onion, but worse.

I never heard of eating garlic to cure pimples, but if he says it works I guess you could give it a try Laughing

I don't know many people who eat garlic straight, infact I don't know anybody who would ever want to even try. If you ate an entire thing of garlic (especially straight!), I might consider donating Frih$ to you. Laughing

lol ok thx Laughing
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Garlic is a good way to purify the blood. It is good to have lots of garlic raw and in food, however if you cannot tolerate it very well in food, it is also available in high-strength supplements in health food sections of supermarkets and health shops. Probably good to start with one clove, and to build it up. You can mash it as well and mix it into salads. Think I am going to try this myself Smile
mshafiq
"Garlic is a good way to purify the blood"

YES

I use garlic by cutting one clove in 3 pieces and dropping them in vinegar for at least 3 minutes.

Basically I use onion too in this way.

I have heard that there is some treated essence/water of garlic that is free from bad odor of garlic and is probably packed in some kind of capsules. I think any pharmacist can guide/help to get it.

Anyway, I agree garlic can be one of the effective way to purify blood as well as reducing pimples.

--

Thanks and Best Regards!
andredesignz
wow i hate garlic but i need to get reed of my pimple so am gonna try it out

mshafiq wrote:
"Garlic is a good way to purify the blood"

YES

I use garlic by cutting one clove in 3 pieces and dropping them in vinegar for at least 3 minutes.

Basically I use onion too in this way.

I have heard that there is some treated essence/water of garlic that is free from bad odor of garlic and is probably packed in some kind of capsules. I think any pharmacist can guide/help to get it.

Anyway, I agree garlic can be one of the effective way to purify blood as well as reducing pimples.

--

Thanks and Best Regards!
Chinmoy
make a home paste of some rice and come camphor powder. Apply and wash off after 5 mins. That wirks fine for me. Take 1/5th camphor of rice( powdered).
andredesignz
Chinmoy wrote:
make a home paste of some rice and come camphor powder. Apply and wash off after 5 mins. That wirks fine for me. Take 1/5th camphor of rice( powdered).

hmmmm think i could try that
mshafiq
Sub: How To Get Rid Of Pimples: The Actual Cure - An Article

I have found an article and would like to share.

Here is its link: http://www.angelfire.com/md/cookiemueller/pimplescure.html

and here is its little excerpt.

"If you have bad skin you have a vitamin A and D deficiency. The most readily digestible form of these vitamins are containded in cod liver., halibut liver and shark liver oil. I take cod liver oil, two tablespoons a day. To many people the taste is very disagreeable. If this is the case there are perls (gelatine capsules) of these oils which can be taken. The cod liver oil I take is 2500 I.U.s (International Units) of viamin A and 250 I.U.s of vitamin D per gram. There are water misible pills as well, these are the dry form of the vitamins. I would suggest taking the oil misible form of these vitamins.

There is a caution to be noted when taking vitamin A. There is a toxicity level of this vitamin so don't take more than 50,000 I.Us daily. Research has shown that the body can't utilize more than this anyway. "

-- Best Regards
its-herstyle
A dirty face is going to cause the pimples.. If your looking for a organic face wash, I use organic bath co products. It gets deep down for the healthy glowy look, and doesn't leave your skin burning or red. If you have terrible acne, I'd look into proactive or skinid. Eating healthy will clean up your skin quick, and keep it that way, without having to use acne control products. So i'd look into that as well, unless you don't mind spending money on acne creams every month..

organicbathco.com
proactive.com
skinID.com

(:
crossroads
I know that when I am working hard and I start to sweat I will break out pretty bad. A really good way that I stop the break outs is just to use a face wash when I take a shower. You just lather it up with your hands, scrub your face/any other part of the body you need to remove pimples from, and rinse. If you use the face wash regularly it will work very well.

I tend to only use it every other day if that and it still seems to work very well. I dont have many break outs unless I forget to wash with the face wash for about 3-4 days straight. Hope this helps you, the bottle that I buy is blue and I forget the name but you get it at Walmart. It isnt a cream exactly, more of a harder consistency. Look for it with all the other face washes. A round blue bottle.
nivinjoy
Recently my mother tried out a mixture of tomato paste along with curd and lemon juice on my face...!! After doing that some of the pimples that existed vanished gradually after two to three days...!!

Try natural methods rather than going for medications and chemicals or cosmetics...!!!

If you are so much into using chemicals or cosmetics first of all select the type of material that would siut your skin type..!! Understanding it and doing would help a bit in reducing the pimples...!!!
mshafiq
Quote:
Recently my mother tried out a mixture of tomato paste along with curd and lemon juice on my face...!! After doing that some of the pimples that existed vanished gradually after two to three days...!!

That is great if it worked and gave result in just three days.
Let me try it and I'll let you know if it is true for my case too.

However, I agree 100% that natural methods are good for this kind of treatment.

By the way sometimes people use natural/homeopathic method/medicines for serious matters/diseases and that is really very very WRONG. For example to treat Hepatitis B/C TB etc.

Anyway, Thanks and Best Regards
Crorepati
Acne on the face are actually an image of our intestines on our face. No matter how good your skin , you eat refined flour products, junk foods and spicey foods etc and first glow from your face will go and if you will not stop and take remedial measures, acne etc will appear.

Cleaning your intestines with natural products and applying natural antibiotics may solve acne problem permenantly and without any damage and side - effects.
mshafiq
By the way, is there any relationship of pimples with stress and/or depression.

I guess έes'.

But I am not sure as it could actually be reason of something else that rose from stress/depression.
For example in stress, some one may drink less water and that can cause pimples but observer may say stress is the reason of pimples.
Greatking
Toothpaste is a way to cure pimples.

What you should do is apply a small drop of toothpaste onto your pimples. Allow it to sit there overnight and when you wake up, you can wash it off.

Another way to cure pimples is to drink water. There are a lot of toxins that are in your bloodstream, which will cause you to breakout. So, when you drink plenty of water, you are able to flush out the toxins from your body. You should drink at least 8 cups of water.

Glycerin or sorbitol soap is another way to cure pimples. An example of this soap is neutrogena. Make sure you wash your face at least two times a day. This soap is gentle and will be effective at helping you get rid of your pimples.

Another way to cure pimples is to use apricot juice. Apply apricot juice to your pimples for ten minutes a day. Do this everyday or until you are satisfied with the results.

Healthy foods is another way to cure your pimples. Foods that are loaded with sugar, saturated fats, and vegetable oils will cause you to breakout. These foods causes an imbalance with your hormones and an insulin spike.

These are few tips i know work in real life and with real people.
clan4
Quote:
It should be made clear that acne does not usually affect the genital areas. If you're noticing pimple-like infections on your penis, there's a good chance you've contracted a strain of genital herpes. If you think you might have herpes, go get screened for STDs as soon as possible to avoid further complications. If you're fairly certain you can't have herpes, go see a dermatologist and have them take a look at your pimples.

As opposed to the advice about getting rid of acne, how to get rid of pimples poses a different sort of problem. Though acne and pimples are pretty much the same thing, the former being the most common medical term for the latter, pimples themselves can be controlled without the aid of medications provided by your doctor. The advice that follows is for the person who gets the occasional pimple. If you're having serious problems with acne, you should probably check out the article about how to treat acne. So, for the occasional pimple, this is what you should do.

Don't pop that pimple right away. Popping a pimple prematurely, before you can see the puss about to burst the skin, can cause a mild skin infection, a cyst (by pushing the infection further down into the pore), or even worse, a terrible scar. Wait until you can see the yellow puss about to break through the skin.

Prepare for a small surgical pimple removing procedure. You'll need a small sewing needle, a bottle of alcohol, some gauze (or a small band-aid), and some warm water. Some people think you'll need to run a needle through a flame. This isn't Dr. Quinn Medicine woman. Rubbing alcohol will do.

Wash your face and hands before attempting to pop the pimple. Washing your face and hands ensures that all makeup, oils, germs and bacteria are no longer near the pimple you're about to burst. Also, dip a majority of the needle in the alcohol, and for safe measure apply some of that alcohol to your fingers and the pimple--dabbing with some gauze to dry the area.

Prick the white part of the pimple very lightly with the tip of your needle. Once you've done that, put two small squares of gauze on either side of the pimple and apply pressure with two fingers to ensure that the remaining puss is squeezed out of the pore, retaining pressure until clear liquid appears. When clear liquid or blood appears, you'll know the pimple is gone.

Wipe the pimple clean with an alcohol soaked gauze pad. It'll sting a little, but that's a good thing. The alcohol will kill most of the bacteria in and around the wound, helping you to avoid an infected pimple. If you wish, you can put a small, sterile bandaid on the area or cover it with an antibacterial concealer.

Thanks for reading......................
Angelica1
It is very necessary to contribution to the raw garlic to make sure that the antioxidants in the body of his side to fight free radicals that cause pimples. Surface application of cucumber, cloves and garlic paste or a mask may be useful for removing excess fat from the face.
Flakky
Stress is the cause of all my pimples. I had a really tense year at school. But as soon as the vacation started I was clean in 2 days. It came to me like a huge surprise. I was mostly clean monday morning due to new year's holiday but I experiences 2 pimples growing while I was AT school. Was terrible Neutral
mshafiq
Greatking wrote:
Toothpaste is a way to cure pimples. ...

Wow, I will try for sure.

By the way is there any relationship to the occurrence of pimples with the sexual activities.
If yes it is more you get, more you do
or more you get, less you do.

I also found eating more meat makes more pimples.
Eating peanuts do not make more pimples as compared to other fatty nuts like walnuts.
Coconut makes a lot of pimples opposite to peanuts.

Washing face again and gain on different times - say every 2/3 hours is a proven technique to get rid of pimples.

Drinking tea mixed with cold water so that temperature is bit cold change its affects a lot. It makes a lot of urine and helps leveling the hydration value in the body while hot tea or coffee may create issue and pimples.

Constipation is the most important factor to skin diseases as well.
I found a way to ruin constipation by drinking chocolate milk as much as possible in the morning.
bukaida
The person having pimples tends to have oily skin. It is common for teenagers as the hormone secretion is maximum at those age groups. However an interesting fact is that, the people who suffered from pimple in their earlier age tends to have wrinkles much much later than those who didn't have it. This is because wrinkle comes earlier for dry skin.So pimplers tend to have an extended youth. Very Happy
connor
Honey is also considered good for the skin. The application of a mixture prepared from three tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder at night is another popular natural remedy for this irritating problem. This natural remedy is safe to give encouraging results if religiously followed for at least two weeks.
riderwear45
Zits - Water is a solution face + wash them often

I agree that drinking a bit 'more of what we do helps us to see less pimples.

Also, I noticed that if you wash / clean our faces often we will be able to see almost no buttons.

And the easiest way is to use simple soap and use something.

However, if a person is a dry area (air conditioning), it is better to use some skin lotion.

Okay?
cliffkelly
Pimples are made of dead cells and sebum and your hands have oily residue common for humans. Keep your face always clean.. Always wash your face once you come from outing.
zbale
A few things that can help for sure (it may be not enough sometimes but it's 100% natural):

- clean your skin... but not too often or too aggressively - there used to be a time when I "overcleaned" my skin. Not by much, but enough for the pimples to be reinforced instead of slowly eased out with time. I then realized I had better wash my face once a day (in the morning) instead of twice (but then I don't wear makeup), and with a gentle, milky face wash. For your skin it may be different.

- make sure you sleep enough (from my experience and that of people around, if you're tired your skin suffers)

- relax (ok, easier said than done, but isn't it when we're stressed out that pimples grow and multiply?)

- make sure you protect your skin from the sun (hats, suncream). I actually started using a sunscreen lotion as face cream when I realized the importance of this. It's true that a "sunny" face can "hide" pimples, but the sun is in fact not good for them (so use a self-tan lotion perhaps :)

- make sure you eat healthy: your skin will reward you for that

- practice sports regularly: I definitely see that my skin is more healthy when I do

- DON'T smoke - If people can recognize a smoker by their face skin (as many can), it's for a reason.

Of course, all the tips above may not be enough, but they go a long way. Also, of course, they'll make sure your quality of life is really at the top, which matters.

Good luck!
baileykruse
Wash your face every night and make sure that living conditions are clean and healthy. Sometimes a pollutant is a factor to balance your body oil.Use best soap for face wash.
johnsmithsuper
Now a days life is too busy and peoples have no time to eat home made food. So often they have to eat from the out side and it includes fast food and junk food only. If we eat food like this then it would be a chance to have a pimples. So always avoid junk foods and wash the face two to three times per day.
zbale
Oh, and I forgot the most important thing...

Once you've done all or nothing of the things you do with your skin (including using a concealer to hide the pimples before you get out of the house), just let go: as I was a teenager I realized that I made too much of the pimples on my face: they bothered me, but they didn't bother the people I spoke with, and if you look around you'll notice that when you interact with somebody, it's what kind of person they are that matters. I'm sure you'll find plenty of examples of people around you who might have pimples when you really try to see them, but you normally don't "see" them because those people are just focusing on doing good, on being funny, on being focused, etc.

In other words, once you've done everything that you've found out helps reduce pimples and hide them, just forget about them -- most likely people are not thinking about them at all. And the beauty is, once you tend to forget about them, they tend to disappear more easily.