FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Bigfoot






Do you think Big Foot really exist?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
Hope it exists
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

dickyzin
Two men claim to have found Bigfoot and said they will reveal everything about their finding at a press conference today. Do you think it is another hoax? These two men have admitted to filming a hoax video with a fake scientist but they still claim that they have the corpse of the real Bigfoot in the freezer. Will they reveal the real thing today or another hoax?
ocalhoun
Seems odd to make such a big deal about it if it will be quickly found out to be a hoax later...
miquelxx
bigfoot is my hero! of corse it is true
dbershevits
Nooo! He can't be dead..no!!

But, yea its a fake. Bigfoot doesn't exist.
Magicman
They've made a fake video before and now they make another bigfoot claim that they expect people to believe? Its fake.
ocalhoun
^Well, a (bad quality) video is much easier to fake convincingly than a dead body...

Shouldn't we have some results by now? Or is it being toted off to area 51, while the government decides how to tell us it is a hoax?

Personally, I think there must be something to the bigfoot stories, because stories of very similar creatures with different names come from all over the world.
woundedhealer
Bigfoot have been seen in woodlands and mountain areas throughout the world. They are probably the most consistently witnessed crypids in the world.
There are three kinds, with heights of around 3ft, 5ft and 7ft.

New species, or species thought to have been extinct are being found today, so it's not impossible that these cryptids exist.
miacps
woundedhealer wrote:
New species, or species thought to have been extinct are being found today, so it's not impossible that these cryptids exist.


Yes, but the thing is theres a difference between discovering species previously thought to be extinct and finding bigfoot. We know for a fact that certain species existed a long time ago due to their remains while there has never been a case of finding bigfoot fossils/skeletons/tracks/remains/living specimen.
Vladalf
In my oppinion I don't think BigFoot exists. Maybe the world is big but it would have been seen by scientists by now.
One can think the government is hiding BigFoot created by the aliens, but I don't believe this one either.

-Vladalf
ocalhoun
An update to this: when thawed out, it turned out to be made of rubber.
An organization that is trying to find Bigfoot is thinking about suing the hoaxers.
Magicman
ocalhoun wrote:
An update to this: when thawed out, it turned out to be made of rubber.
An organization that is trying to find Bigfoot is thinking about suing the hoaxers.


Like I said, its to be expected of someone who has pulled a hoax before. I think that they deserve to be sued because they caused some people to be do work for nothing.
MtgRuler
Very likely that it is a hoax.. too many people have claimed to see bigfoot, and then its proven that their video is fake. And how would you get a dead Bigfoot? its not like you can just drag it out of the woods without anyone noticing you.
ocalhoun
^Actually, you probably could. Usually, there's not many people in the woods.
kerryworkman
Sure, anything is possible. But, come on like someone else said, no proof of anything even close to the described creature ever existing anywhere even in the fossil records of the world. I find it a little hard to believe any bigfoot related story, unless it is in reguards to the monster truck with the same name.
dickyzin
I don't think Bigfoot (as we know it) don't exist. They could have been mistaken and over-exaggerated for a big gorilla or some monkey. Another such monster is the Loch Ness Monster which some skeptics claim is just the shadow caused by waves and ripples in the lake.

One fact about monsters in the water, ocean in this case, is the giant squid. They have only found dead giant squids but not a living one. I find it amazing and hope there are other giant creatures lurking in the deep seas.
psycosquirrel
The premise of such a monster existing is absurd!

The legend of bigfoot is probably centuries-old. The possibility that bigfoot exists would make no sense. There would have to be colonies of bigfoots, pumping out baby bigfoots to prevent the species from dying out. It just makes no sense.

From another standpoint, the existance of another bipedal humanoid is evolutionarily impossible without geographical isolation. Meaning, that humans would not have been able to evolve parallel to another similar (bigfoot) species. Competition for resources and such would drive one of the two species to extinction. I'm not furry, and I am alive, so guess which species won? Laughing

The thought of a bigfoot would be cool though. A giant, smelly, furry person. It is quite a weird concept.
gandalfthegrey
I have heard a native spiritualist say once that the sightings of Bigfoots are really those of spirits/ghosts/demons.
ocalhoun
psycosquirrel wrote:
the existance of another bipedal humanoid is evolutionarily impossible without geographical isolation.

Geographical isolation such as being better suited to surviving high in the mountains? Larger body mass and lots of fur would be great adaptations for that. Humans perhaps were more successful, and were able to push them out from the warm, fertile valleys, but perhaps they were unable or unwilling to take over the inhospitable territory up high...

Since this is my theory of how it might exist, the claim that they found one in Georgia, with no high mountains, was not indicative of a genuine Bigfoot...
mattgutmann
havent you guys ever seen the stuff on tv?
they have actually footage of it
Bannik
people need to realise that some animals are so secracrive and hiden that even with modern technological achievements its still hard to find them...

take for example

http://www.greenexpander.com/2007/10/01/the-10-rarest-animals-in-the-world/

yes those are extinct but we cant rule out that bigfoot is a last surviving species.

there was also a documentory of a cat that lived on mountain sides, hunting goats etc....the thing is that there was a person who knew the mountains like the back of his hand lived there all his life and has never seen this cat and only heard rumors about it...


the world is a big place people, people still get lost in siberian tundras so a bigfoot surving through stealth isnt that ridiculous
ocalhoun
Bannik wrote:



the world is a big place people, people still get lost in siberian tundras so a bigfoot surving through stealth isnt that ridiculous


Especially if they are as close to us in intelligence as they are in anatomy, and have been using that to help them hide since prehistoric times...
Bikerman
3 Reasons why it ain't so.
1) Bigfoot is normally associated with the US - specifically the Pacific North-West. This is extremely atypical - all non-human primates are found in the tropics.
2) No fossil evidence for any great ape has ever been found in the US (nor have any remains)
3) To have a viable breeding population would require numbers that make it almost inconceivable that no confirmed contact has ever been made.
ocalhoun
1> Called that name in the US, in other places, it has other names like Yeti. With a little research, it is astounding the number of names these similarly described creatures have in different places.
2> Perhaps we have found them, but assume them to be extinct human ancestors. Living fossils, hm?
3> Almost inconceivable, but not totally inconceivable, given the remote places they usually live. And who knows if there really is a sustainable breeding population? They could be on the verge of extinction.
Bikerman
ocalhoun wrote:
1> Called that name in the US, in other places, it has other names like Yeti. With a little research, it is astounding the number of names these similarly described creatures have in different places.
Which might suggest something cultural in the evolution of the story rather than it being based on empirical evidence?
Quote:
2> Perhaps we have found them, but assume them to be extinct human ancestors. Living fossils, hm?
Nope - when I say no great ape fossils I really mean it - none at all.
Quote:
3> Almost inconceivable, but not totally inconceivable, given the remote places they usually live. And who knows if there really is a sustainable breeding population? They could be on the verge of extinction.
Possible but highly unlikely - as you say, almost inconceivable.
Fatality
personally I don't believe things like "Big Foot" unless it proven with hard solid evidence, but even then i might try to find a reason to not believe it. Just my personal belief in these types of things.
WicCaesar
I wouldn't be surprised if it really exists, but I don't believe it.

There's yet A LOT to be discovered.
Rico
The sooner they find Bigfoot, the sooner he can get a job and start paying taxes.
bobnorth
Rico wrote:
The sooner they find Bigfoot, the sooner he can get a job and start paying taxes.

too true, big foot probably doesnt exist but i would like to see it if it does
dickyzin
We should get the Mythbusters to find out if Bigfoot is a myth. But everyone knows it's going to be busted anyways. It's just a waste of time and resources I guess. Even if Bigfoot existed, it's most likely one of those tall basketball players going to a costume party.
Xaferrow
i think they are exist
NinasKatter
dickyzin wrote:
Two men claim to have found Bigfoot and said they will reveal everything about their finding at a press conference today. Do you think it is another hoax? These two men have admitted to filming a hoax video with a fake scientist but they still claim that they have the corpse of the real Bigfoot in the freezer. Will they reveal the real thing today or another hoax?


I realy hope bigfoot exist so sweet.
bigt
NinasKatter wrote:
dickyzin wrote:
Two men claim to have found Bigfoot and said they will reveal everything about their finding at a press conference today. Do you think it is another hoax? These two men have admitted to filming a hoax video with a fake scientist but they still claim that they have the corpse of the real Bigfoot in the freezer. Will they reveal the real thing today or another hoax?


I realy hope bigfoot exist so sweet.


Heh, I think there might be a creature out there that we think of as Bigfoot. But, I also think there's a good explanation behind the folklore out there. Maybe we'll learn the truth one day.

Yeti! Yeti! Yeti! lol Smile
Bikerman
So, let me get this straight...
Two guys who have already committed one hoax now say that they have a Bigfoot in their freezer...and you think this is worthy of comment?
jabce85
if i ever win the lottery, this mystery will be unlocked once and for all... if i win, I'm putting up all the money to the first person who brings me a live example of bigfoot. that would definitely find out if it exists or not
dickyzin
Bigfoot will always be a big mystery or a big hoax. The claims of Big Foot sightings are losing credibility. Waste of time in my opinion.
kenny990
That's the craziest nonsense I've ever heard.
Zombie
What's bigfoot supposed to be anyway? a big man? a big ape? Both of those exist...
Related topics
which freemail you are using?
Top 10s of the Forum
An old fox is not easily fooled...
Malaysia Crates Team to Search for Bigfoot
What did you give up for lent?
Do Aliens Exist?
Tall tales you were told as a child?
Does Bigfoot exist?
Monster of Loch Ness
Ragnarok Games Guide: Wizards/Mages
Oddest sightings
The Bermuda Triangle Mystery
A rant on God, religion and morality
naked woman in mars
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Hobbies and Animals

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.