FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox -s problem ( no Internet connection )

nTonio
Ok, who can tell me why Firefox is offended with me ?

From some reason Firefox refuses to connect to the Internet, where others browsers have no problem with that. And it’s not a fault of version, because I had already tried several versions including 3.0.1 release. Those settings in that versions had worked joust perfect on others computers in the same network. I tried as well all possible settings concerning internet connection, different gates, proxy ect. After registry clean-up there is no difference.

Where can be the problem ?

(Windows XP sp2)
gh0stface
Is work offline enabled in FireFox? If there is a little check mark next to it, you want to disable. Goto File-> Work Offline
nTonio
No it's not that.
hunnyhiteshseth
Are you behind a proxy or connect through another computer or a router?
nTonio
There is no proxy server, but I'm in intranet, I receive connection from a provider, which as well receives its connection from another one.

But in another network that I used to work everything was the same as here, but firefox was working only on proxy. With out proxy it was not possible to run it.
MeddlingMonk
It could be a firewall that hasn't been set to allow Firefox permission to use the Net. Have you got any firewall software running, or does the Intranet have its own firewall?
Agent ME
Assuming its a proxy problem...
Try setting firefox (in tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Settings...) to Auto-detect proxy settings for the network.
If that doesn't work, open up internet explorer or some other browser that works, go into the options, find the section for the connection settings, and see if it is set to use a proxy. Set firefox to use the same proxy.
hunnyhiteshseth
If its not a firewall or proxy problem as suggested by abovetwo, try "import settings from internet explorer" in firefox.
nTonio
Nothing from that above guys …. Recently by a little mistake I cleaned deeply registry, including all the temps and other files that reg cleaner found … I fought that you can trust this kind of programs. Happly I deselected some files that in my opinion deleting would be a big mistake. So in this way for example I lost recognition of some program icons by operating system  … but by the way firefox started working ! 
hunnyhiteshseth
Thats good. At least firefox started working!!
Jaan
firefox is not offended with you, you are offended with firefox

BURRRRNNNNN

but yeah... registry cleaners and other 'optimizers' are risky, to be used only if you're comfortable with reformatting in case something goes awry
nTonio
Any way Thanks guys for help and replays.