FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Old Sea Dog returns 2eye free webhosting

joomlanomics
I enjoy writing and I do it a lot. Part of the contract with yourself that comes with heavy (serious) reading. I started using the Internet in 1991, accidentally as a by-product of changing Universities. My technical skills are a mish-mash, derived from background reading and hands-on experiments. My first post on the Internet (called Gopher back then) was to announce my intention to create ASC (Arts Students in Computing). Like most of my ideas, never went far in my lifetime.

I pay for a variety of hosting services at the moment and I own about 20 domain names. However I could not say I am really happy with any one website, they are all incomplete works. I keep breaking them up and re-forming them. Part of the matrix philosophy I suppose, namely cross-referencing the banal with the profound. I used a lot of free webhosting back in the late 1990s. At the height of my experiment I had registered the grand total of 99 domain names. Those were my "99 Red Balloons" (if you know what it is about, that is a discussion for another forum).

I concluded this period after finding a then Russian website www.a-l-t-e-r-n-a-t-i-v-e.com. That became the subject of an essay on "saturated hyphenation" and "domain name arbitrage on trading floors" Fundamentally I am just a writer. However I am caught between want to do-it-myself (self-publish) and the need to earn royalties or a future income from output. Hence messing with websites is my way of exploring those issues.
nivinjoy
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Welcome to the forums...!!!