FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Legality and Banning,





Jack_Hammer
I was wondering on the mods view on a website like this:
www.dcmagnet.com
as I was thinking of doing something similar if this is something that would not be subtable I'd rather be told now than banned, Wink
althalus
That's a site where you can download full games and movies..?

I'd think twice before launhing such a site on Frihost.. Wink
blackant
Confirm illegal if you put it here. Razz
ulmas
Wo-ho-ho! How much warez available! You wanna do a similar thing on frihost?! You better don't! And you better not bring such things to public Smile
wistom
wo, i think very good .
orno
well its not really warez, its just links to warez Razz

but yeah, since torrent sites arent allowed i guess that kinda stuff wont be allowed too
Bondings
Linking to such files is forbidden on Frihost and most likely on all other hosts not located in China.
Jack_Hammer
Well techinaically it's legal on the bases that it's not actually supllying the files, just describing information about them and incedently posting a magnet link to DC++ wher you can download that file, but they hold no responsibility for users doing that... Honest
Rolling Eyes Wink
mOrpheuS
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Well techinaically it's legal on the bases that it's not actually supllying the files, just describing information about them and incedently posting a magnet link to DC++ wher you can download that file, but they hold no responsibility for users doing that... Honest
Rolling Eyes Wink

If that's all the excuse somebody has for justifying the leglity of their site, any good lawyer will bring him down faster than it takes to say "wow".
and yes, this kind of sites (warez or links to warez, p2p related, roms etc) are not allowed on frihost.
If any account is found to be hosting such content, it is brought down and the user banned with a speed that can match the good lawyer above. Wink
Jack_Hammer
Damn I was hoping to add something similar, how about the same kind of thing just describing files nothing even realted to sharing illegal files there just no proving any kind of link or source to the program.

(P.S Honestly I don't download illegal files)
Rolling Eyes Embarassed Wink
tidruG
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Damn I was hoping to add something similar, how about the same kind of thing just describing files nothing even realted to sharing illegal files there just no proving any kind of link or source to the program.

(P.S Honestly I don't download illegal files)
Rolling Eyes Embarassed Wink


Basically, you mean reviews? You're going to describe movies and games or music and videos right? Without providing any link to downloads... I'd call that a review site, and I don't see what's too wrong with that. Elaborate a little more on what you're planning to do, just in case I misunderstood...
godam64
yes you can make a similar site like that. but you have to find new hosting account in other site in unknown country. so there would be no cops can find you Very Happy
nebnebs
what a joke
noliver
nebnebs wrote:
what a joke


Which part do you think is a joke ? The hosting of the links or the responses ?

Cheers,
Nick.
Jack_Hammer
tidruG wrote:
Basically, you mean reviews? You're going to describe movies and games or music and videos right? Without providing any link to downloads... I'd call that a review site, and I don't see what's too wrong with that. Elaborate a little more on what you're planning to do, just in case I misunderstood...


Yes then what I mean is basically a review site, although just to make things absolutly clear, TTH: is used to verify the integrity of large chunks of data. The data is split into small pieces which are individually hashed, then hashed together until one, root hash is formed. A TTH looks something like:4NIABZVGR4HOTNRPOMH2IRIJQSJYKFHEEIQUJWY, Would this count as illegal linking to the program, even though the TTH of a file has little relavance to the downloading of illegal files itself?, and my question is this, would it also be alright with the terms of the site if I put the TTH roots of a file on the website as well or would that not be aloud?
Jack_Hammer
P.S I am sorry to have wasted your time though I just want to be absolutly clear on the rules as I don't want to be banned or my web hosting revoked (sp?).
tidruG
OK, I more or less understood what you're saying, but I think the only person who can give you permission will be Bondings... I've alerted him about this thread... he should reply some time soon.
Jack_Hammer
Sorry to be such a hassle.
Embarassed
tidruG
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Sorry to be such a hassle.
Embarassed

Better being a hassle than being banned Wink
coolclay
Um yea thats just a little bit illegal, having links to download copyrighted material illegally.
Bondings
Jack_Hammer wrote:
tidruG wrote:
Basically, you mean reviews? You're going to describe movies and games or music and videos right? Without providing any link to downloads... I'd call that a review site, and I don't see what's too wrong with that. Elaborate a little more on what you're planning to do, just in case I misunderstood...


Yes then what I mean is basically a review site, although just to make things absolutly clear, TTH: is used to verify the integrity of large chunks of data. The data is split into small pieces which are individually hashed, then hashed together until one, root hash is formed. A TTH looks something like:4NIABZVGR4HOTNRPOMH2IRIJQSJYKFHEEIQUJWY, Would this count as illegal linking to the program, even though the TTH of a file has little relavance to the downloading of illegal files itself?, and my question is this, would it also be alright with the terms of the site if I put the TTH roots of a file on the website as well or would that not be aloud?

I'm sorry, but actually this isn't allowed. Please don't link to anything related to illegal files, either a part of the content, the encoding, ...
tegames
just joined frihost to set up my new web site but i'm a little wary of th points system. i know this question has nothing to do withwhat you're discussing but can't find anywhere else to put it
gonzo
Edonkey hash sites are NOT illegal. Trackerless torrent feed sites are similarly NOT illegal. They may, however, be violative of frihost TOS.
Related topics
Too much spam
How Spyware Works!!!
Idea...
ShoutBox in Forums!
PHP IP Ban
News management system...
google search engine??
Ip Banning Using Php
Vatican defends banning singer who supports condoms
Australian pub bars heterosexuals
What will be the future of Bit-torrent technology?!
History of Religious Book Banning
Should Government impose ban on smoking in public?
Murder and Sex
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.