FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question

Arty
How do you change your subdomain from .frihost.net to just .frih.net?
saratdear
Are you hosted on Server 1?

You usually can't change that, I suppose you have to cancel your hosting and then re-request, hoping that you will get hosted on the second server.

But don't just take my word for it. Wait for an official answer.
raine dragon
Technically speaking, you can't change it. It has to do with what server you are on. I don't know what the policy is for moving people from server to server, though really, I have to wonder why you would want to move in the first place? From the stats I've seen Server 1 seems to be more reliable than Server 2. ^_^
HalfBloodPrince
If you want a short subdomain go to afraid.org and get a .us.to domain (free). You don't want to give up your Server 1 account, trust me. cPanel + Fantastico > DirectAdmin.
Diablosblizz
No, you are unable to change it and you are unable to cancel your account just to request another one on another day. There are many of subdomain host that can make your URL a lot shorter.

You could use co.nr, .tk, .vze.com, uni.cc. Just google, you'll find many of them.
Animal
Arty wrote:
How do you change your subdomain from .frihost.net to just .frih.net?

As the others have explained in this thread, your subdomain depends on which server you are hosted on. If you are on VPS1, your subdomain will be *.frihost.net. If you are on server 2, your subdomain will be *.frih.net. If you are on server 3, your subdomain will be *.frih.org.

Currently, applications are not open to VPS1 or Server 2, so if you were to apply for a cancellation of your old account and a brand new one, it would be on Server 3, so your subdomain would be *.frih.org

You may want to check with one of the admins (tidruG, Bockman, Sunny or Bondings) to see if they would be happy for you to do this before you start trying to cancel the account.

Hope this helps.