FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the best Video Editing Software?

RavenCross
Ei guys help me on this one.. i want a powerful yet easy-to-learn video editing software.. Iwana make 3d animations btw.. ty
lockwolf
For 3D animation, I think you would use Maya or something like that. Thats what we use at school
Xcelerate
Well, for 2D video editing, Vegas is great! Sony Media Software makes it, and it is gaining popularity. There's also a free plugin called WAX (debugmode.com) that allows you to import 3D models.

I use Vegas for all my cross country videos. It's great.
noliver
As the people above are trying to tell you - you use different programs for 3d animation and video editing. For video editing I use Adobe Premiere or ULead Studio.

3D animations can be tricky because many of the 3d Modeller programs come with their own animation studio's. So I would say - rather use the animator that your modeller uses or else you may end up with compatibility issues.

Cheers,
Nick.
meangurl
Xcelerate wrote:
Well, for 2D video editing, Vegas is great! Sony Media Software makes it, and it is gaining popularity. There's also a free plugin called WAX (debugmode.com) that allows you to import 3D models.

I use Vegas for all my cross country videos. It's great.

i started learning vegas yesterday, and i must agree, it's really good. you can edit the video and sound at the same time without any hassle.. but can you point some more tutorials of vegas.. any tutorials as long as it's useful. thank you.
RavenCross
umm.. any site that offers good tutorials? im a complete noob in vid editing.. btw wats the link for the Vegas site?
orno
Sony Media Software - Vegas 6

buy it online for only $449.96
JulianMovie
RavenCross wrote:
Ei guys help me on this one.. i want a powerful yet easy-to-learn video editing software.. Iwana make 3d animations btw.. ty

I use Blender3D (blender.org) an awesome, FREE, 3D modeler. It runs on Linux, MS Windows,
and -I think- Mac. It takes a while to get used to, but once you know it, it is quite powerful.

As for a movie editor, I to am searching for one. Free, that runs on Linux. At the moment I am forced to use WinDVDsomethingsomething, the editor that came with my laptop. (BTW, I've already looked into Cinalara. I don't have anywhere near 4GB of RAM, or any of the rest of it...)
darrell
go for ulead video studio
jvachez
Yes Ulead Video Studio is very easy for 2D video.
The best is Adobe Premiere but it's very complicated.

For 3D the best are Maya and 3D Studio Max
But there's no easy software for 3D
EN-Archives
Premiere is the best but there is a high learning curve.. it is really for professional video editing..
amberchanging
I personally dont like Premier. Even though I generally hate Macs, they handle video editing the best, therefore I recommend Final Cut Express...but if your just looking to make a simple video, then Windows Movie Maker or Pinnacle work just fine.