FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weightlifting

mariomaster
My hobby is Weightlifting. I find it as a cool hobby because you get a cool feeling when you do it, and it improves your phiysique big time, increasing self confidence.

The most I've ever lifted is a 104 pound couch. If you need some tips, feel free to PM me. I've done it for about a year and my muscles are getting big! Razz
zyd666
how much you do deadlift ? (8 refs)
i do about 60kg 3x8
and Bench press about 62.5kg 3*8
now i stopped doing squat .... but i did about 80kg ....
mariomaster
Deadlifts, I do 2sets and 10 reps, along with 20 other excersises. I do 35pounders, so thats 70pounds on my shoulders. I stopped doing squats.
Skye001
why would you want to stop squats? Alot of power comes from your legs...

lack of squats =

__[ ]_
\ /
\ /
\ __/
| |
| |
| |

stick legs...

Maximum I bench is 90kg... I get 3 reps out of 100kg (excluding weight of the bar)
jambler
I can bench around 160 lbs and leg press around 350-400. It's not bad considering I weigh 145lbs.
deadswan
I did weightlifting for a while, but it didnt really boost my confidence, it actually lowered it lol
And I don't know what i lift as I havn't been doing it for a while..
I tend to just do pressups and pullups, works for me lol

Mr. Green
JessieF
Oh, I'm involved in this sport at school. =] I squat 190lbs, and I deadlift 210lbs. I guess the schools are afraid we'll drop it on our heads or something, but I don't know why we don't lift the weight higher than our thighs. But that's how we deadlift. My bench is pathetic, 75lbs. lol My weight class is 105.5. I love weightlifting. =]
LordScorch
Well, I wanna start weightlifting, but I don't know where to begin. Any tips?
dbershevits
I can't bench at all, Mine is only like 75, But, i'm going to remax tommorow, so it might change to 80. I love doing axuliary lifts though.
dcfive65
I Started lifting more than month ago. Not seeing any changes but I do see some improvement in strength. Wink
mikakiev
I love weightlifting.When I was young I was doing some barbell and dumbbell exercises as am part of my swimming training.Then at the age of 16 I quit swimming and to keep myself in a good mood started weightlifting.Now my best benchpress is 115 kg,deadlift is 160kg.