FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A great word processor Freeware!

mariomaster
Yes, this is a great word processor! It is called TextShield Fusion (Currently optimized for 2008 technology), works on every operating system 9x and higher, and has almost EVERY feature Word has for about only 2mb! And you can also save your files as word, have hyperlinks, 3d text, backup, export/import, spellcheck, and you only need to download one extra DLL! It's also free for personal use only. Available for download at Simtel.net. I don't know the exact link, so type in TextShield Fusion on Google and click on the simtel link.

For the dll if you have WIN95/98 ONLY, search TextShield on Google. Somewhere on the results page there should be a lycos site. Click on it, and simply download the dll there!

PM me if you have problems. Razz I don't own this program so use at your own risk.
loyal
People tend to use openoffice.

How could this program be any good if it's only 2mb?
zellfaze
loyal wrote:

Is it just me, or aren't programs supposed to be as small and fast as possible?
Guelila
loyal wrote:
People tend to use openoffice.

I use open office aswell.
and ill stick with it cause I have no reason to switch to something else.
Ive never heard of TextShield Fusion, but Ill check it out. Smile
Studio Madcrow
Looks VERY impressive for a one-man freeware project, though I doubt it can compete with OpenOffice or Word Perfect (or even Word for that matter Wink )

I've been using a text editor + LaTeX for my document purposes lately, but if I was ever to go back to the world of WYSIWYG, this would certainly be something to look at.
jdelfire
i think ill give this a try....
thanks for the info more software the better
mariomaster
Yeah you're welcome. Just wanted to save ppl some space cause I installed Word it took up over 500MB of my 5gb hard disk! But yeah, it probably couldn't compete with OpenOffice, or Word.