FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google's Search Engine Performance Drop

Has Google's Search Performace when down?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

OnlyOneLife
I think this belongs in the General Chat, So I'll put it here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I think that google's search engine capabilities have significantly dropped. It seems they can't seem to find what i'm looking for. I think I've tried about 100 searches today, reworded them and everything. I found 0 links useful. I used to be able to find anything from google. But now I can't. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

So in your opinion, has google's performace dropped recently? Has their search results come up with irrelevent links?
krazeek
i was looking for a couple top 100's for a website and i found almost nothing, except like 2 and i usually would get like 100's of them. i wonder what is happening to google. one minute they are taking over the internet and the next they are dropping there quality in search results. Sad I may have to go back to Yahoo! if this keeps up.
Jack_Hammer
I've had no probelsm with Google, I still get 000's of results for the queerest searchs, so I haev no idea why it would differ!?,
tidruG
How about someone trying thsi out and then checking up:

Search for the same thing in Yahoo and Google, and if you find more useful links in Yahoo than in Google, then we know that something's not right about Google. I would've done it but I don't really have something for search right now, and also I think probably OnlyOneLife should try searching for the thing he searched on Google which gave only 2 good results...
n0obie4life
If you search things like THIS

"Powered by phpBB 2.0.12"

It will give an error. Google hates hackers Neutral.
MMFAN
I agree, its been alittle harder to get the right info, but i havent seen any performance drop
sibbahz
Im also finding it impossible to get a website i made for someone to even appear on google, i submitted it to them ages ago and also did the same to yahoo and its still not on either search engine. Theres nothing illegal about it either.
The search results are starting to fill up with them weird search the web sites that are completly crap
wsxiaoys
mmmm
I don't know a lot about google.... Embarassed
Xcelerate
It seems lately it has. I tried searching for our cross country thing when it was there, but it wasn't even in the first 20 pages! On MSN search (I normally don't like anything with MSN) it came up first on the list!

Perhaps people have figured out Google's search algorithm (they recently patented it) and have exploited it?

Anyway, Google has come up with a bunch of other neat things, like Gmail and their world explorer.
snowboardalliance
n0obie4life wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Powered+by+phpBB+2.0.12%22+&btnG=Google+Search

No, that works

I haven't noticed a difference in google.
Jack_Hammer
Nor does it give me an error, it could be a drop in actually ewbsites displaying the informatiion or some websites closing.
krazeek
google really is an astounishing search engine, im sure they have terabytes of bandwidth if not then more then that.
RosenCruz
its ok 4 me .. Cool
n0obie4life
snowboardalliance wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Powered+by+phpBB+2.0.12%22+&btnG=Google+Search

No, that works

Without the quotes.
OnlyOneLife
I think this is what happened with google. They are a publicly traded company now and their only legal responsibily is to satifsy the stock holders. Therefore, they are accepting large sums of cash for any company who wants their search results on the top. And that is why it is comming up with all this weird stuff. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Antwon
Personally,

I really think it has. I mean, when you search for multiple words, not a lot of things for your search will come up with those words next to each other. And really, making a website appear on Google and things is heftly annoying. So, I believe it has gone down.
thetangentstrain
I have been using Google for a number of years and I havent experienced any drop in performance. Then again, im not exactly a power user either.

Smile
n0obie4life
If your searching for multiple words use

" "

Those force google to make look for that particular words.
Bashur
n0obie4life wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

No, that works

Without the quotes.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Powered+by+phpBB+2.0.12&btnG=Search

Works fine without them too.

I haven't noticed a thing wrong with google...maybe Balmer is pulling a James Bond on Google right now and slowly taking out every employee one by one...?
wendy86
Does Google's Search Engine can earn money?
hofodomo01
like...as in advertisements? and people paying for their pages to be displayed at the top of the results?

i've haven't noticed anything wrong with the search engine, but gmail always takes an abnormally long time to load....does your inbox size have anything to do with it?
{name here}
I don't think they've dropped in performance. You just hit something that was probably censored or something like that. For example, if you look for Uncyclopedia, you will find that there are no direct links to it, nor will you find one of their pages on google.
HoboPelican
Works fine in every search I've made. I usually have to use tricks to cut down the number of decent links. (additional words, quotes, image search, minus sign to exclude sites using laymen terms, etc.)
Vrythramax
Results 1 - 10 of about 7,520 for vrythramax...seems ok to me Smile
dvanex
It may be due to the fact that Google is focusing on allot of new things like Gmail, Google Earth, Google Desktop, ect. I personaly have noticed no quality loss. If there is any its because the internet is expanding rapidly and Google can't handle this so your first results might not be perfect but eventually Google will have it all sorted out. I think Google bases there list on how many clicks things get for a particular search so try and go in a few pages and get to the relative stuff not just the rush of new material and Google will eventually be running smoothly again (if it isn't now).