FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem in CPanel

ChunkyBustout
I just tried an uninstall of Mambo and it's not working. After hitting the first button, it says to close to windows and continue witht he removal. After pressing the second button, it's busy for a few seconds then looks like it finishes and stops. I tried accessing my site afterward and it gives a server error "500".

Please let me know when it's ok.

Thanks.
Sunny
If you can't uninstall Mambo, I believe you will have to delete the folder if its installed in seperate folder. and delete the db used for it manually using phpmyadmin.

You can get 500 error because of few reasons, You didn't post the link to your site for us to check. Go to Cpanel, click "ERROR LOGS", there you will get more info on 500 error. Post that here with your site url.
ChunkyBustout
Well the 500 error has been remedied but Mambo remains. I uninstalled Mambo before using CPanel so I know that's the way to go. I have no problem deleting it myself if advised by the admin or moderators. I just didn't want to screw up something CPanel-related for myself.
Bondings
ChunkyBustout wrote:
Well the 500 error has been remedied but Mambo remains. I uninstalled Mambo before using CPanel so I know that's the way to go. I have no problem deleting it myself if advised by the admin or moderators. I just didn't want to screw up something CPanel-related for myself.

If it's in a separate directory, then remove it by hand. If it's in your root folder, then fantastico might have problems with it when you try to install some new software in the same directory. Normally those problems should dissapear when you remove the fasticodata file somewhere in your account like sunny mentioned here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9605#55993 . But I don't know if this works.
NG
yup this happpens to me all the time all the time i install some thing i get errors in my fantastico and many more the screen just goes blank Crying or Very sad
dan751
Don't forget to delete the MySQL database if your not using it.Smile Why have it there if you're not gonna use it?Smile
Bondings
I'm currently updating cpanel to the latest version. I hope this will solve your problem.

edit: I meant fantastico