FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problems with links...

Gibzon
hi, im using Mambo CMS in my site but it seems impossible to access files
down the directory tree, and I think this must be to do with stuff in the web server config file.

The URL
http://www.anime-kurai.net/components/com_remository/phpinfo.php
should work but it redirected to the frontpage. I have now tried it with no .htaccess, nothing that should interfere with it working. But it still does not work and this is nothing to do with Mambo. The problem seems to be that your server is configured (in a way that I can't see a way to change) so that no .php file can be run unless it is in the root. This creates a problem for Remository, because the download cannot be done through a standard Mambo function - Mambo outputs lots of stuff before the download routine would get a chance to start sending the file Sad
althalus
The above links works fine for me and does what it's meant to.. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Confused
Sunny
That Link works fine for me too!

Clear your cache (temp. internet files)

try hiting refresh 3-4 times. That makes the page load directly from Net and not from your ISP cache.
Gibzon
no, it redirected to the frontpage, don't work! Sad
Gibzon
The problem seems to be that your server is configured (in a way that I can't see a way to change)
so that no .php file can be run unless it is in the root. This creates a problem for Remository,
because the download cannot be done through a standard Mambo function - Mambo outputs
lots of stuff before the download routine would get a chance to start sending the file.
Bondings
Gibzon wrote:
The problem seems to be that your server is configured (in a way that I can't see a way to change)
so that no .php file can be run unless it is in the root. This creates a problem for Remository,
because the download cannot be done through a standard Mambo function - Mambo outputs
lots of stuff before the download routine would get a chance to start sending the file.

Every .php file in your account should be executed with apache even if it is in the 10th directory.

/public_html/whatever/another_one/yyy/here/there/directory/script.php will and should work without causing a problem.

The link to the php-info file works just like it should. It doesn't redirect, but just gives the php information.
Gibzon
the last time that I proved didn't work, anyway, thanks for reply Rolling Eyes