FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Draft/Fast Printing in Linux

leontius
I recently got a printer (Canon MP145) and after installing drivers it works wondefully in Ubuntu 8.04. However I missed one feature that is present in Windows: fast / draft printing. I need it because for my own stuff I don't need quality printing and it is more ink-efficient.

How do I emulate this feature (saving ink for less quality) in Linux? There are options to adjust brighness/contrast but I don't know whether it will work.
mehulved
leontius wrote:
I recently got a printer (Canon MP145) and after installing drivers it works wondefully in Ubuntu 8.04. However I missed one feature that is present in Windows: fast / draft printing. I need it because for my own stuff I don't need quality printing and it is more ink-efficient.

How do I emulate this feature (saving ink for less quality) in Linux? There are options to adjust brighness/contrast but I don't know whether it will work.

Well these things depend on the printer drivers. So, you'll need to know which drivers you're using and how much does that driver support.
kansloos
Doesn't CUPS give you that option through printout mode?