FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So You Think You Can Dance

zanzou
So, the season's over for another year. :) I was quite happy with this season overall, even though my favourite choreographer (Wade Robson) only did two pieces performed by the dancers, and my personal favourite didn't win.

I was rather disappointed to some of the opinions I encountered, particularly by fans of Mark, who boycotted the finale because he was no longer in the competition.

But overall? The ballroom this year was AMAZING (Chelsea SO brought the quality up, as well as the addition of some new choreographers), and having two street dancers in the final four made me very happy. I was happy Sara even got to the top 6, last year. :D

I thought it was an AMAZING finale, the best I'd ever seen. Marie and Dmitri's dance was amazing, and Nigel/Debbie Alan's students did a very fun tap routine. :) AND THEN ON TOP OF THAT, there was a Wade Robson/Cirque du Soleil routine, and an ALL STARS performance... just a great finale. I don't know if they'll ever be able to top it.
gugusm
Well, there's a Polish version of this show too, but I've never watched it and to be clear, I think it's kinda stupid. Well, if someone likes it, let him do, but I just don't enjoy it Wink
zanzou
gugusm wrote:
Well, there's a Polish version of this show too, but I've never watched it and to be clear, I think it's kinda stupid. Well, if someone likes it, let him do, but I just don't enjoy it :wink:

I think it's a lot less stupid than other reality TV shows-- unlike a lot of things, and even American Idol, being on this show requires a LOT of experience and training/practice, usually years and years worth of effort.

Plus, I just really love dancing.
Olly
Have to agree with the last comment. I hate reality shows that requires voting off by the public because usually it's based on personality or good looks - talent often misses out so they so often get it wrong. SYTYCD however really goes behind the scenes and shows the hard work they put in to their craft, the judges (by and large) don't overpower the show and do give constructive advice along the way and it's entertainment all the way, the audience voting usually gets it right too. Plus I love dancing!!

Was really worried when I started reading your post. I'm in Australia and we are only half way through the season you mentioned in your post - I thought you'd spoil it for me by saying who won and I don't want to know! Smile

Australia had it's first SYTYCD earlier this year and it was amazing too. If we keep this up I'll have SYTYCD pretty much all year round between our show then your show. Love it, love it, love it!! Smile

Cheers
Olly
zanzou
Olly wrote:

Was really worried when I started reading your post. I'm in Australia and we are only half way through the season you mentioned in your post - I thought you'd spoil it for me by saying who won and I don't want to know! :)

Australia had it's first SYTYCD earlier this year and it was amazing too. If we keep this up I'll have SYTYCD pretty much all year round between our show then your show. Love it, love it, love it!! :)

Cheers
Olly

:D I decided not to do spoilers for just that reason, so I'm glad it paid off. Sorry for spoiling as much as I did!

One of the choreographers from SYTYCDAus was on the American version. I was actually really, really impressed with the routines he did, so much so that I actually want to see the Australian version. :3
Olly
Just finished watching the Finale and I picked the winner! From the word go I thought it should be between Will, Josh or Katee. While Twitch was good some of the dances were choreographed to his skills instead of him being able to adapt to any dance style/routine. He did get a couple of negative comments through the series too whereas Josh, Katee and Will were perfect in everything that was thrown at them. Twitch should have gone before Will and Mark! When it got down to the final 4 and 2 of my picks were in it I couldn't pick between them although it was obvious it was shaping up to be an all male shootout. Anyway, my pick Josh won it.

One final comment - that stupid umbrella dance for the girls the week before was pathetic! After all that they had done and all that they are capable of they were given a ponsy, sissy, low skill level dance of umbrella twirling and spinning to show off their talents, whereas the guys had a great routine to do which showcased their strengths.

Overall though a fantastic series! Loved it. The Australian one is just starting their auditions. Yippee 'Dance' practically all year round. Very Happy

Olly
hamza1122
I'm not a huge fan of SYTYCD but i still watch it coz i like certain dance styles! e.g. breaking and popping and stuff like that- street dance! OMG you should have watched the American so you think you can dance popping battle at the eng- Pacman vs. Mr. Fantastic. You can watch it on youtube: Pacman vs. Mr. Fantastic! So Cool! Very Happy
mimic
yea.. has anyone seen phillip chbeeb pop with his arm waves/ripples. So hecetic. I like his body pop and also his animation. Madd azz! I can only pop lil bit but im getting there.