FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I added a domain..

xjuniorx
I added my main domain (.com)
and was wondering how do i set it as my main
also all files that are uploaded to public_html will
appear on the main domain?
Diablosblizz
What server are you on xjuniorx. It varies for the control panel. Before continuing, please login to your Control Panel on Frihost.

For Server 1
1. Find Parked Domains, and click on it.
2. Under "Create a new Parked Domain" type in your domain (for example: yourwebsite.com - do NOT include www or http).
3. Click Add Domain.

That's how you add the domain for cPanel, then you must go to your domain registrar and add the nameservers for your domain. The nameservers can be located by clicking on Account at the top of this page.

For Server 2 and 3
1. Under "Your Account" click "Domain Setup."
2. Click "Add Another Domain." Note that before clicking you should see your frihost subdomain (something.frih.net)
3. Under domain type in your domain (for example: yourwebsite.com - again do NOT include www or HTTP).
4. Ignore everything else and click Create!

That's how you add the domain for DirectAdmin, then you must go to your domain registrar and add the nameservers for your domain. The nameservers can be located by clicking on account at the top of this page.

If you are unsure of which server you are hosted on, you can click Account on the top of this, and every, page and under Server it should say a number.

I hope this helps. If you are confused with anything please post back! Good luck.
mariomaster
I'm extremely confused. Can't you just go on the CPanel and click Domain Registration, type a domain, (example.com), and set it to the default page, and move all files for the subdomain (example.frih.org) to the domain folder you've just created? Confused
Diablosblizz
You need to purchase a domain first, then follow those steps to add it to your account. The DNS from the nameservers will catch the domain and forward it to the account that has it added.