FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my pc wont lemme make ANY changes AT ALL.

gyraluzie
So when i delete files or programs, delete a user account, install new programs, or even just changing my desktop wallpaper, it does it but when i shut it down or restart it its back to how it was before. And I have no idea what's wrong and what to do and it is absolutely frustrating and I wanna kill myself!!!!!

Can anyone help? It'll be deeply appreciated.
:[
teko
can I suggest you describe more details about your PC setup:

OS

OS Version

more descriptive details of the tasks you΄re trying to do and how you are doing them
Diablosblizz
You could have one of a few things. There is a program called DeepFreeze that restores everything back to the state of when it was installed when you restart or turn off your computer. You can tell if you have DeepFreeze by looking at the system tray (near the clock) and check if you see a polarbear type icon. You can open it by holding shift and double clicking that icon.

The next option is you could have Microsoft Steady State. This is the exact same thing of DeepFreeze, but I have no idea how to work it.

And the last option would be a virus. Try doing a couple of virus scans.

Good luck.
ocalhoun
Diablosblizz wrote:
You could have one of a few things. There is a program called DeepFreeze that restores everything back to the state of when it was installed when you restart or turn off your computer. You can tell if you have DeepFreeze by looking at the system tray (near the clock) and check if you see a polarbear type icon. You can open it by holding shift and double clicking that icon.

Sometimes DeepFreeze can run invisibly. If that is the case, the only way to get rid of it would be to repartition and reformat the drive. (Just reformatting may not be enough, be sure to wipe out all partitions as well.)

Of course, if you have that program installed, you should probably already know about it.
ssthanapati
Sounds more like deepfreeze is installed.... Check the processes which are running to be sure about it
gyraluzie
I figured it out. It WAS the deepfreeze. Someone downloaded it without me knowing. I've noticed that polarbear icon but always ignored it because nothing happens when I click on it. I just figured it was part of the symptoms that I got from a virus which I'm still working on killing.

Thank you to the repliers. Helped me out real good :]
gyraluzie
Diablosblizz wrote:

The next option is you could have Microsoft Steady State. This is the exact same thing of DeepFreeze, but I have no idea how to work it.

And the last option would be a virus. Try doing a couple of virus scans.

Good luck.

Thank you!