FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

James Bond -- Ian Fleming

xavax
I just recently got into the James Bond novels after being a fan for quite some time.
They are really great books, seperate from the films enough to make the story worth reading. Fleming is a very equolent author, who writes from experience in the forces, and also from locations and settings he is familiar with. I really enjoy reading these.
What does everyone else think of them though? Has nyone read them all, or are the fillms the only popular part of Bond anymore?
Genesiz
I've only read a couple of Bond books, they were quite a while ago so i can't even remember the titles. From what i can remember, they were an excellent read, like the action from the movies had exploded onto the page.

It is sad that the books don't have the same success as the movies. I suppose the movies were such a big hit that the novels became overshadowed, and people forgot that the movies started out as books.

I will try to read more of the books in the future given how good the books i read in the past were.
blk3
Sad to say I haven't read any of his books, I've only known James Bond from the silveer screen.
romnempire
My library only had one. I was so mad. The Fleming books are equivalent in style and flair to the movies, but I've only ever seen a handful of people who have read the books.

I would recommend them to everyone who likes books like Clive Cussler's. I would say they are better.