FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to work to control a computer on another network

paul97411
my mom is always having problems with her computer and i always have to come down and fix it and so i heard of vnc so i can control her computer from my house but i dont know how to make it connect
badai
exact problem?
paul97411
well i got vnc to control computers on the same network but i dont know how to set up our verizon networks so i can control it from my house
Psycho_X52
I've heard of VNC too, but never used it. Try TeamViewer Smile Easy to setup, easy to use.
http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx
malcolmpreen
thank you... I have a similar problem supporting my mothers computer... 75 miles is a long way for a simple problem....

Malcolm
Diablosblizz
Paul, is your mother on the same router as you are? If you don't own a router, find out her systems IP address, and then go in and enable Remote Desktop (you can google how to do that).

Then, you go back to your computer, click Start > All Programs > Assessories > Remote Desktop. Then type in her IP address and you can manage her computer from yours upstairs. It's a lot easier, and almost every server manager uses it. It's simply a life saver.

If your mother is not in your network, just ask her for her IP address, which can be found at IPCHICKEN.com, then you can go into Remote Desktop and type in her IP.

It may be a bit slower, aka images loading a lot slower, but it is a lot easier than running back and fourth.
truespeed
You can also remote access PCs through MSN messenger.
Diablosblizz
truespeed wrote:
You can also remote access PCs through MSN messenger.

Although this is a great feature, not always does it work. I try to fix my friends computers over the feature, and sometimes it takes a few times to connect, or doesn't connect at all. Remote Desktop is truly the best option in my opinion.
bulek
Try out https://secure.logmein.com/ , it's one of the best remote control services. You don't have to enter any IP address as well as forward ports.