FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pre-school learning material

bukaida
Can anyone please suggest a good pre-school learning software/website in english based preferably with voice support(not the horrible robotic voice of microsoft speech engine) for my 2 and half year old son?
The basic intension is to learn A-B-C and 1-2-3 along with some pre-school rhymes.
Thank you in advance.
nigam
you can check baby einstein....even if my son is 3 months old, we will let him hear baby einstein song. then a few months, we let him watch baby einstein movie and he is really enjoying watching it. i am pretty sure, he will enjoy it too.
bukaida
Thanx , but it is not free and not available in India Crying or Very sad
standready
Can't help you but had to say CUTE boy!
Libby
Why don't you just teach him yourself? Your English seems pretty good and it's 100% free that way. And your little boy will probably learn it better if you teach him instead of a computer screen.

But I'm not a parent, I could be wrong.
HamsterMan
Libby wrote:
Why don't you just teach him yourself? Your English seems pretty good and it's 100% free that way. And your little boy will probably learn it better if you teach him instead of a computer screen.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, unless your kid really loves sitting infront of the computer.
Or you could get him some educational toys to play with.
Who doesn't love those silly wooden blocks with letters on them?
tidruG
Moved from "General Chat" to "Jobs and Learning"
bukaida
I am teaching him but the problem is that I can spare hardly few hours on my working day. The most problematic area is the nursery rhymes. My singing capacity is always appreciated by our neighbours by shutting their doors and windows and shouting --please please Very Happy .

I am thinking of making the software myself (the interface) and pick up the pictures and sounds from the net. Simple html and javascript can do the thing. How is the idea?

BTW if I make it , i will gladly distribute it to any frihost member who is having a baby. Very Happy