FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What should I play next?

KHO
I recently stopped paying for my WoW subscription, so I had to find a new game to play. I picked up Fable yesterday and beat the good and evil parts already along with most side quests (game was cool, but WAY to fast and easy). Beat Company of heroes, And now I'm installing oblivion now, but as I recall its buggy as hell and half way through the main story I get pissed off at its constant crashes and uninstall (ive gotten there 3x to be greeted with quest items missing completely, quest characters that are unable to interact and of course my favorite, every time I would talk to anyone, the game shut down. hopefully since I have a new computer this time around this will all change).

My question is simple, after I play through oblivion, what should I pick up next? My preference is in RPG type games, though really I play most everything. But something with a good story and character progression is my fancy.
QrafTee
How about Wrath of the Lich King? :-p Seriously... um... try Call of Duty 4, Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Soul Calibur 4, and Sins of a Solar Empire... I'm obviously assuming you own all of this-gen gaming devices.

For PC though, be on a lookout for Spore, Starcraft II, Diablo III, and Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3.
Wuppie
Mass Effect is a great game. Great RPG elements and it plays like a shooter.
KHO
Ya, but I have a terrible grudge against sony and refuse to purchase their products. So I dont have a PS3 but I do have a 360, PC and a Wii in the other room. Wanna keep it to PC games though, for some reason I like games so much more on the PC. CaC is something I will check out, and I already have dIII on reserve. WotLK is gonna bomb imo so im selling my account before that ships.
wombatrpgs
If you have a Wii and are into RPGs, I'd recommend Fire Emblem, but from the previous games you've listed, it doesn't seem like it's your type of game. And I can't really help with PC games, as the only one I've played in years is ADOM.
lethaltriad
Another nod for Mass Effect here, played it over the weekend and had to put it down because there's soo much elements in it. Only thing I didnt like was too much talking and interaction at times when I just wanted to roam and play for a bit on my own.
KHO
wombatrpgs wrote:
If you have a Wii and are into RPGs, I'd recommend Fire Emblem, but from the previous games you've listed, it doesn't seem like it's your type of game. And I can't really help with PC games, as the only one I've played in years is ADOM.
Fire emblem? Isn't that a handheld. I think I've beaten that, or at least I beat a gameboy game with a name like that.

And I might have to set up a emulator on my PC to run mass effect. might be worth the trouble from all the hype.
Slinky
If I were you id give mass effect a try or World In Conflict.
wombatrpgs
KHO wrote:
[Fire emblem? Isn't that a handheld. I think I've beaten that, or at least I beat a gameboy game with a name like that.

That was Blazing Sword, I believe, FE7. Fire Emblem 9 was for the gamecube, and now Radiant Dawn is out for the Wii. It's got fairly nice graphics, some minor gameplay improvements, and a pretty good story. I highly recommend it, if you played (and liked) FE7.
enygmasoft
I would suggest that you play command and conquer 3, which is great fun for those looking for a little war time fun. Wartime is now funtime, with the new dodads they added to the latest and greatest command and conquer. There absolutely great graphics, incredible sound and amazingly balanced play which makes for the greatest strategic games ever, in my opinion.
Kelcey
COD4 is supposed to be amazing.
Seiji
Mass Effect, you will probably like that, it was a bit complicated for me. If you don't like the whole futuristic thing, play Jade Empire, its kind of older but its made by the same people who did Mass Effect and they kind of have the same aspects.

Bioshock, is probably the best game I've played in awhile. Its an FPS, but its really different than the usual ones and because you have plasmids (shooting fire, or a swarm of bees out of your arm). Its much different too, and it grabs your attention and has a great story. "A smart splicer....is an happy splicer" lol. Really good game.