FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Read pop3 mail

inganta_tarigan
Can I read my external pop3 mail such gmail from my domain using one of mail reader below ?
WebMail - SquirrelMail
WebMail - UeBiMiau
WebMail - Roundcube

If can, please assist me...
badai
for gmail, you can forward it to your frihost.

i'm sure there are few scripts out there that can fetch pop3 e-mail. wait for other to reply.
inganta_tarigan
Thank you for your reply.

I am looking for instruction about it
Diablosblizz
Could you please elaborate (explain) your question a bit better please.
rvec
it's not possible to use any of those to open gmail. And a script to fetch mail would be possible, but it would be much easier to just go to gmail and login there.
badai
poor you... 1 don't understand your question, and the other have no idea gmail has pop3/imap features.

from my simple query on google:

1. SquirrelMail is capable of retrieving e-mail from a POP3 server, via the included Mail Fetch plugin. However, SquirrelMail requires an IMAP server to run atop of.

2. UebiMiau is a simple, yet efficient cross-plataform POP3 mail reader written in PHP. go read it's documentation. i don't think it will be wise for me to do it for you. it might take a few years for you to successfully use it to fetch your mail if i'm the one who read the docs for you.

3. roundcube mail does not support pop3, but......, RoundCube Webmail is a browser-based multilingual IMAP client .... , and your IMAP server could be your Gmail ..... since you mention Gmail, I just give a suggestion here. I'm not sure if your other pop3 also have IMAP.

rvec:

you can enable POP/IMAP on your Gmail, and use it just like any other POP/IMAP server with your favorite client, including SquirrelMail, UebiMiau (pop only) and roundcube (IMAP only)

[/u]
rvec
I know you can do that (I use it myself), but I don't think any of the webmail services on frihost will fetch mail from some other server. And I thought he meant those services on frihost. If he didn't I also know it's possible, but still I think it's better to directly login to gmail instead of setting up your own webmail to access gmail (without all the nice features gmail offers like the search and the google chat).
inganta_tarigan
Sometime i check email from office. I can not access gmail because corporate firewall. So i would like to read email from this hosting using pop 3 or other else.
Currenly I use MailBee Demo site and/or unblocked fresh web proxy to read email from office.
MailBee able to read external pop3 mail.
mOrpheuS
inganta_tarigan wrote:
Sometime i check email from office. I can not access gmail because corporate firewall. So i would like to read email from this hosting using pop 3 or other else.
Currenly I use MailBee Demo site and/or unblocked fresh web proxy to read email from office.
MailBee able to read external pop3 mail.

I'm almost certain you can retrieve your email from any pop/pop-tls email account. (some tweaking might be needed in the script for pop-tls account like GMail)

Why don't you start by installing one of the scripts (say, Uebimau) on your account and see what stops you from achieving this ?
inganta_tarigan
Thanks.
Do you know where i can get instruction to install it (say, Uebimau)
Animal
inganta_tarigan wrote:
Thanks.
Do you know where i can get instruction to install it (say, Uebimau)

Uebimau is already installed - you can access it at http://www.frih.org/webmail

Remember that your login name will be your full email address including the part after tha "@" symbol (for example you@you.frih.org).

Hope this helps.