FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Plastic Surgery?

Bonesy
I go for plastic surgery on my face and left breast. I have malignant melanomas on my face and left breast. I am both scared and thrilled for the removals. I know that I will be nervous as hell though! Any pointers on how to calm down the day of surgery?

I am also going for abdminoplasty (sp?) in October as well.
furtasacra
Just be happy the cancer is gone, honey. If anything looks odd after, you can always get it fixed later. Scarred and alive is better than dead!
robinhanks
anything will pass, you would become good.
kerryworkman
Good Morning Bonesy,

One of the best ways you can insure that you will be relaxed the day (days) of your surgery is first to be certain that the plastic surgery is what you want to have done; and secondly to be as informed as you can be before you have your surgery. Do not be afraid to ask questions of your surgeon and his nurses on what to expect from the surgery, on the day of your surgery and after surgery. Know in advance that your surgeon has experience doing what you want done and that there is no way around the discomfort you may feel afterwards. That he/she will make ever effort to make sure all is well in all areas of concern and all participants to the actual surgery on the day when you have no control after anesthesia. I think maybe having a mental picture of what the outcome will be, would get you a long way when you start to be nervous and apprehensive. Enjoy the you without the scars and look forward to the other things you will do when all is done. Congratulations.