FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Get Php to Open Internet Exploer

Possum
Hi

I am writing an application that creates php files. When I double click the php file IE does not open the file.

Even if I paste the file name in the address bar the file does not open straight away but shows the code instead. When I refresh the page it shows then.

how can I get IE to open php files..

Cheers Possum..

Fire Fox works fine.. But some of my users will have only IE
badai
you need to use web server that support php, then open it as http instead of as file.
furtasacra
Are you trying to design a PHP web page and test it locally? If so, you have to install Apache server software on your computer. Go to www.apachefriends.org for a free download and instructions for how to set it up.
Possum
furtasacra wrote:
Are you trying to design a PHP web page and test it locally? If so, you have to install Apache server software on your computer.

Hi

I am developing an application that makes websites and have WAMP (includes Apache) set up on my system.

Presently my application (udopage) only makes *php pages. Unfortunately php and my app and IE don't get along. Fire Fox works great to view local php files. As my users may not have Fire Fox or Apache I was hoping there a quick fix I could give my users so they could view php files locally without going to the complication of installing either Firefox or Apache....

cheers Possum