FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help me out with surround sound..

Srs2388
I just bought this 1000 watt receiver.. i bought it from wal-mart... the brand is RCA
model number is RT2870.
I bought it because it said 1000 watts I was happy about that.. then i noticed a decent sized sub woofer.
I get home plug in the sub... i tested this without opening anything else..
there is so damn much port noise that I hear more port noise than I hear bass..
so as most of you would agree after spending that much money on something that it shouldn't come out with probably the worse sounding sub I've ever heard in my lifr.

not to put a lot of caps but i need this part to be seen

PLEASE HELP ME FIND A GOOD ONE... REASONABLE PRICE

so im taking this one back... I need advice from you guys... which one is a good one?

I want the sub to be the BEST that can be found...

please and thank you

[/quote]
psycosquirrel
The sub was probably turned up way too loud. Most people nowadays only care about how loud a system is - not how good it sounds. Try turning it down, and more importantly, DON'T SHOP BY WATTAGE! Wattage doesn't necessarily even convert to loudness, it just means the system is inefficient.

As for the best sub - the only way is to go shop yourself and see which one sounds best. Go to Best Buy, Frys, or another retailer and listen to each sub to see which one you like the most. For my system, I ended up with Insignia R and L channel speakers, a Sony head unit with a Sony sub, center, and satellite speakers. Just pick what sounds best to you in your price range; what you like and what everyone else likes is always different. It's all a matter of preference.
nTonio
Hi
Don't ever trust big signs on the packings, it doesn't matter what king of product is it (and specially it deals equipment connected with sound branch).

I think U do not have idea, what 1000 watts means...

Now U can see that it just can not be packed into couple of 3inch square boxes. If U find a system with 40 watts rms of power @ 4-8Ohms subwoofer it will be really good.
If U have small or medium room with little amount of furnitures it will be just fine and most likely U will be satisfied.
In my current rum only one wall is without any stuff and I needed something more then 40 rms Twisted Evil so I boot 200watts rms @ 4 Ohms speaker Very Happy

But back to your choice check Creative T7900 sound system 7.1 for very reasonable cash.

You have to be also careful with input signal voltage level.
psycosquirrel
If I had to recommend a system, I would say look at the Klipsch ProMedia series. You will be pleased.