FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internal Server Error

Coen
Sometimes, when I look at my site's forum it says it encounters an Internal Server Error. My cpanel is also not accessible at that time. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary so I was wondering if anyone has an idea what might have caused the error and how I can prevent it.

The error shown is as follows:

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@onsvuurwerk.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It happens when somebody browses and uses the forum for a while. It only lasts a couple of minutes but I don't know how to prevent it. Any help would be appriciated.

EDIT: Excuse me, wrong sub-forum. I hope a moderator can move this to the appropriate forum.
tidruG
This is just an error that occurs now and then. It has nothing to do with your account, it's just an issue with the server, I think.
zellfaze
It always is on the servers side. It normally means that either something that the server is trying to do cant be done (i.e. run a PERL script outside of cgi-bin, or without execute permission), or you have malformed headers.
Coen
Okay, Thanks for the replies you guys Smile.
realtrue
Is it dangerous problem? because at one time I can see the php code that call the mysql database. I am affraid that maybe the password of mysql will appear too. But so far only part of php code was appeared.
Coen
I am not sure if it is a dangerous problem but I know that it's annoying. At the time, I am still conducting tests on my forum but I intend to get other member soon. And new members won't like the error popping up once in a while.
Diablosblizz
Coen, the error happens rarely, and it's hard to fix. Don't worry though, it will be fixed shortly. Bondings has already addressed the problem.
Bondings
I think it's already a bit better now, but I'm still trying to find the cause of the problem.
Coen
I understand. Please don't get me wrong because I don't expect him to fix it in 30 seconds or something. I fully understand that it takes time and that it will be fixed eventually. I was just pointing out that it could be annoying. That's all Smile.