FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joomla Installation - problem to install

joharin
Hi all frihost members & moderators,

I have received free hosting here and I'm trying to setup my site. As I am new to php and all other stuff, I keep on trying new things on trial and error principle.

I was told that Joomla is quite a powerful apps to use. I have uploaded all the required files to the site. However, i'm having these problems;

1. During pre installation check, all other things are OK or green in color, but only "session save path" is in red which is unwriteable. I was told that this is ok as it won't affect anything. Is this true?

2. Now, during MySQL database configuration, after filling up all the details, I clicked on Next and keep on getting error message saying that the password and/or username used is incorrect;
-which host name should I use? is it just frihost, or i have to put frihost.net/frihost.com?
-which MySQL username i should put?
-which password should I use? is it the password for MySQL a/c? I tried that but failed.
-which database name I should use?
-which MySQL Table Prefix I should use?

Hope that anyone can help me on this. I'm still new to understand all this. Hoping to get an answer here...Wink

Thank you.
Bondings
1 will most likely not be a problem I guess.

For 2, the hostname should be "localhost" and you should create a database in DirectAdmin and use the database name of the one you created, together with the username and password you used to create it. The table prefix is your choice I guess.
joharin
Hi Bondings,

thanks for your advice, I have successfully installed Joomla and currently working on tweaking few things in it. Thank you so much for your quick feedback. Now I have to admit that it's a BLESS I stumbled upon this forum!!!

YOU GUYS PROVED IT AGAIN THAT YOU ARE ROCK!!!
polij
Hi,
if you encounter some troubles later, due to the session path issue, you can simply create a folder in your root Joomla folder and name it "sessions". By the way, thanks for your post: I know now that I can install Joomla using Frihost, Wink
bye