FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cron Jobs Not Running

polly-gone
On my website, I have a few cronjobs that need to run, and for some reason, they are not. I think I have them setup right:

(Some things are blurred out for security purposes, and some things are blurred out becuase it is fun to blur stuff out.)

What could the problem be?

Thanks,

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
Diablosblizz
Check your default mail account. Yours should be pollyg@yourdomain.com. It will show you the problems with your cron jobs.
polly-gone
Oh thanks, I figured out the problem. And I discovered that I have 500 back cron job emails.... lol

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
polly-gone
I just found another problem. All the emails form the cron jobs (after I have fixed them) say something like:

Quote:
/bin/sh: line 1:
/home/******/******/*******/public_html/*******/******scripts/tri********.php:
Permission denied

Why does it say permission denied?

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
Diablosblizz
Is that URL correct? I believe it should just be:

Code:
home/public_html

Try it with that, maybe it will change it. If not, I am not sure. You'll have to wait for somebody else. Sad
polly-gone
I have my own domain so it is long like that.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
rvec
try using this in front of the command:
Code:
/usr/bin/php -q

Cron is like windows task manager. It executes a command, like on a command line. Normally this is an OS command (like mv or cd) or a path to a file with commands (batch file/executable/script). In your case you're trying to make it execute a php file, which needs to be done with PHP (since it's not a script full of command line commands). By prefixing it with the above command you make the OS open /usr/bin/php (the php program) and with that execute the php file.

Instead of adding the command to the cron you can also add it to the script.
Code:
# !/usr/bin/php

Adding this will make the OS open the rest of the file with the PHP program (I learned this from this post: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-95772.html#798273).

The PHP script might be on a different location on the frihost server. If this doesn't work you should take a look at the phpinfo page.
polly-gone
Oh okay. Thanks.

Close Sesame

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
edit by rvec: -closed-