FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet gateway prob on network

rockstar
I'm trying to set up my computer to access the net via my girlfriends pc and 1 modem. I have connected them via a crossover cable and got the network up and running using the windows xp automated system. I have an "internet gateway" icon on my network places, but have no actual access to the net.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rockstar
KHO
So far as I know, in order to run a setup like that, the computer thats receiving the direct line and giving out the crossover cable to support another system will need to be configured as a domain server. might wanna just look into a router? theres cheap $20-$30 USD ones all over the place.
rockstar
hi KHO.

Thanks for that, I shall look into it. I have a wireless router here but failed to get it up and running. I may have another go.

Rockstar
KHO
Then that should be your best bet. Its pretty simple to get those working, you just plug and play type of technology. No need to configure a network at all. if you have trouble with the router just post what kind of router it is with model number (eg: Linksys: WRT54G)