FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Playing sound out of different places per program

KHO
I was wondering if there was a way to set that by default my audio would play out of the green port in the back (line out) and then only have a couple programs that play sound through the black port (headphone). I've gotten sound to play through BOTH atm, but a lot of good that does me. I just need it set to this so that when I am using VOIP programs that I can use my headset effectively. If I can't do this I will just have to build an audio switch I guess.
ForceRun
It can work one of two ways. You have a really nice audio program built into your audio drivers that can do port assignment for you, which is very rare. Or you will have to get a second hardware sound system. Like a USB headset, or just man up and get a really sound card. Then you can easily set which sounds from programs you want to come from what sound output devise (i.e. headset/speakers).

For example I have the Creative X-Fi Sound Card, and so my base NForce 6 audio sysem off of my mobo. So at Lans were I run the music for the sound system. I plug the room speakers in to my mobo ports, and fire up iTunes. Then my headset up to my X-Fi. So everyone get music and I get my game sound.
KHO
Hmm, while this does seem to be an excellent option, im currently not financially equipped to purchase a new sound card lol. I just built a $1400 PC after all. I'm thinking that there should be some kind of a software work around for this. Doesn't seem like its all that complicated.