FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

wordpress to be auto install in frihost..?

molif
i think its a good idea........ since wordpress.com don't offer freedom in customising..
goutha
I already use wordpress with frihost. The installation took me about 3 minutes.
missdixy
Hey, if it helps save three minutes, I'm all for it.
ForceRun
I'm not a big fan of blogging. Unless the author is a really good writer and and is talking about something I care about, I'm not going to read it.
prithvi
molif wrote:
i think its a good idea........ since wordpress.com don't offer freedom in customising..

er......Wordpress can be auto-installed from Fantastico in CPanel

or are you referring to something apart from this?
goutha
missdixy wrote:
Hey, if it helps save three minutes, I'm all for it.

I suppose that you are paid 1000$/h Smile it means that 3 minutes are worth 50$.

And don't forget the joy of doing it by yourself. Priceless Smile
Wuppie
ForceRun wrote:
I'm not a big fan of blogging. Unless the author is a really good writer and and is talking about something I care about, I'm not going to read it.
I have the same feeling and I think many people do. Before really installing wordpress think if people will read what you write. You should go to the marketplace if you want someone to install it. Or get hosted on server1.
rajupp
goutha is right. It hardly took few mins to install. but what is Fantastico? let me check the control panel.

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't find Fantastico on CPanel. Where can I find it? I am on Server 3, if that helps
tidruG
rajupp wrote:
goutha is right. It hardly took few mins to install. but what is Fantastico? let me check the control panel.

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't find Fantastico on CPanel. Where can I find it? I am on Server 3, if that helps

Server 3 is DirectAdmin, not cPanel. Fantastico is only available on cPanel, which is only available on Server (VPS) 1.

Anyway, I don't think Wordpress is going to be an auto-install on Frihost any time soon. For one thing, Wordpress is a resource hog. Secondly, setting up Wordpress is not that tough. There are plenty of guides and tutorials available on Frihost and on the internet that'll help you install it.
Arseniy
This tutorial may be helpful for you: How to install Wordpress on your web server?.
Or Google for the tutorials and installs. Smile