FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Different server locations.

cavedog2
Maybe if the next server is needed to make it in Asia or Europe? My connection isin't thats good to USA. Cause the ISP only has 1 fiber cable for the whole South Africa and its kind off packed with traffic! Shocked
rvec
it'll probably take at least a year before we need another one, and half a year after that till we actually use it. Also transfers from accounts from one server to another aren't allowed, so I don't think you'll have a lot of benefit from a European server Razz
takashiro
I don't think it is possible. A server out of U.S. can't be administrated so well as those in U.S.
Maybe someday the line between South Africa and America will be better, I hope. Very Happy
You see, the load time of server 1 and server 2 in China is not so slow as before. Very Happy
rvec
takashiro wrote:
I don't think it is possible. A server out of U.S. can't be administrated so well as those in U.S.
Maybe someday the line between South Africa and America will be better, I hope. Very Happy
You see, the load time of server 1 and server 2 in China is not so slow as before. Very Happy

The big boss lives in Belgium, and for all I know there is no American admin.
Lines between Europe and the US are pretty good Cool
cavedog2
Yes they are upgrading the undersea cables. The upgrade will be done by 2009. See sometimes if the traffic gets really heavy SA changes to the EU cables and the be bounce from EU to USA so it can get kind off slow. Not even mentioning latency! Sad
takashiro
rvec wrote:

Really?? But server 2 is in America, isn't it? I thought all the administrators and moderators were all Ameircans. Very Happy
rvec
yeah all servers are americans
cavedog2
I don't know why hosting companies don't change to German typed or even server located in the Netherlands cause their vps and dedicated server 80% of the time comes with unlimited bandwidth! My friend owns a vps from Germany and its dirt cheap with 1GB/s shared amoungst 4 users equily! So its 250mbs burstable internet connection. Not bad for the price he pays! Very Happy
rvec
bit hard to compare that to other stuff if you don't name a price. Also that 80% is much too high. And we probably just got the cheapest/best value solution, I doubt the location of a server makes a big difference to the price ($ is low so that could be positive for us servers).

BTW 1gb/box isn't that special.
LostOverThere
The server's are in America? That's nice to know. I always assumed they were in Europe. Razz
adri
rvec wrote:
takashiro wrote:

Belgium rules Very Happy , didn't knew that all servers were in the United States of America...
I always thought he had them somewere close to home... Razz

Adri